Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2nd best goose hunt ever!!!!!!!!!!!

wingman1

Had one of the best goose hunts I have ever had. Hunted with some of my good friends and dad. It was one of those hunts where everything goes like clockwork. I knew it is going to be a good one when I leave to park the truck and geese start to land in the dekes already.

Attachments

• big goose pic.jpg
    big goose pic.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 455
That had to be fun....until later that day!

Wife and I killed 18 one morning and I thought we had the best hunt ever until I was stuck filleting goose breast for about 2 hours! Wasn`t so fun then...well, yea it was. I still think about that hunt.

Nothing like when it they just keep coming to the decs none stop. You were exactly where they wanted to be.

Awesome. As mentioned, now the tough part, cleaning and eating.:D Looks like a lot of jerky to me.

Wish I could have been there for that, looks like fun. What's the process for cleaning a goose, how long does it take? Never hunted them before but would like to.

What's the process for cleaning a goose, how long does it take?

Take the skin off the breast, take a sharp knife and starting in the middle of the breast cut the meat away from the bone and all the way up to the wing. About a lbs of meat per side, if not shot up too bad. It takes me about 5 minutes per bird. Like said above, do them while their still warm. Much quicker that way.

Take the skin off the breast, take a sharp knife and starting in the middle of the breast cut the meat away from the bone and all the way up to the wing. About a lbs of meat per side, if not shot up too bad. It takes me about 5 minutes per bird. Like said above, do them while their still warm. Much quicker that way.

In Montana you must also take the legs and thighs.

Wingman,

At least you have geese around to shoot at. Our ducks ended on the 6th and the geese have all left for warmer climates.

Keep pounding them.

Nemont

WOW! That bed is loaded! What is your favorite way for preparing 'em for good eats?
Grats to you, your friends and father.

In Montana you must also take the legs and thighs.

Nemont

Never heard of that. Suppose you could make something out of the thighs. It is pretty meat but tough after cooking.

What is your favorite way for preparing 'em for good eats?
Not trying to answer the question to you for you Wingman but just adding how I do it. I grind the breast into burger and make hamburger steak with onions or make jerky out of it. Only way I have found that you can eat them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back