PEAX Equipment

2023 Wyoming Elk

Jwhigg18

How many points is everyone thinking the general elk will go in 2023? I have 4 points and I still think I’m just going to sit out and watch and just go with Colorado draw or OTC.

I thought I should have burned my 7 this year and feel like I dogged a run away freight train with process from task force giving 1 more year to dump. Looking for someone to go with. My hunting buddy still couldn't get off couch to start process so he would at least have one point to help if we were split. I was thinking I was getting into range where do a nice archery only tag but now I just hope draw general and call it a day.

Special will require a full 4 to draw, maybe more. You will see no change in the regular draw.

What’s the task force people are talking about. I’m new to western hunting research and have been on Wyoming website but seen nothing about a task force.

What’s the task force people are talking about. I’m new to western hunting research and have been on Wyoming website but seen nothing about a task force.

4-8 point creep in Wyoming makes sense per the latest from Big Fin:

Last edited:
When does the tentative list of tags and quotas come out?

People don't even know when season starts, they aren't gonna suddenly get educated and burn points.
They became educated enough that its been several years since you could draw a general on a second choice in the special...its now taking over 3 points to draw first choice.

I think everything is going to experience creep...I don't believe 4-8 points, but I bet most are 1-2 minimum.

They became educated enough that its been several years since you could draw a general on a second choice in the special...its now taking over 3 points to draw first choice.

I believe that's a function of more zero point apps wanting to hunt as well as more 1-2 point apps jumping in or moving over to the special side, although 2022 saw a big jump in the 3-4 point pool apps. I can see 1 maybe 1-1/2 but time will tell.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back