2023 Wyoming Elk

I feel like I'm the only one who plans on continuing to buy points in Wyoming even after burning the ones I have now. A good thing for me I guess! But seems like the "I want out" attitude is becoming more and more prevalent. (To each their own, no hate here either way.) I feel like I'm just getting good and started with my little point collection.

I feel like I'm the only one who plans on continuing to buy points in Wyoming even after burning the ones I have now. A good thing for me I guess! But seems like the "I want out" attitude is becoming more and more prevalent. (To each their own, no hate here either way.) I feel like I'm just getting good and started with my little point collection.
I think we all just like to complain and gripe. I’ll buy a point anytime WY wants to sell me one.

I want to cash mine in soon but then start rebuilding to go again with my wife and/or son

It will be interesting to see how my hunt goes... expectations are huuuuggggge lol

I'm batting 4/6 on CO elk tags and if "that state sucks" then you know... must be 340 bull around every single bush.

Burned mine in 2022 and fully plan on buying a point this year. Still on the fence between chasing the general or just burning them on type 4 tags every couple years.

The USA population numbers are changing rapidly. Men over 60 yrs old increased from 50+ million to almost 75 million. A lot of us aren’t going to wait 10+ yrs to get an elk tag. Especially when they Jack the price up! A lot less people having children too. You might have a far better chance of drawing ONE day…if you want to pay for it. I just don’t want to wait and I refuse to support monetarily a system that is flawed. Choose wisely

Don't hate me, but I am guilty of building points for more than a decade (one under max for deer and two under on Elk). I started applying after graduating college and being able to afford to apply in different states. I had intentions of using them a long time ago, but then marriage came, kid #1 came, then kid #2 came, then buying our first house. Always something, but I do not want to run out of health before using them. Now I am in the my 40's and cashing out (lucky to have had the insight to buy them when I was broke and living on credit cards). I'll be cashing out either deer or elk this year for sure in WY. So I am one of those in the sidelines that is jumping in 2023 and 2024 (likely wreck someone's odds of drawing unfortunately). It will take me over a decade to burn all my points for each species that I have in each state (My strategy is drawing a tag with a high points every year and supplement with an easier OTC tag, so I have two hunts a year). I cant hunt like some folks here and go on 4 to 5 hunts a year (I could, but would not be married long).
No hate unless you are one of those people that ask what should you do with those points or ask for help on an area you plan to draw. If sideliners with double digit points start asking about an area they have saved points for... shame on them. That's weak... ya had 10+years to go do your homework.

No hate unless you are one of those people that ask what should you do with those points or ask for help on an area you plan to draw. If sideliners with double digit points start asking about an area they have saved points for... shame on them. That's weak... ya had 10+years to go do your homework.
I have max points, any unit recommendations for me? General?

You'll never catch up to the general again.

And you don't need points for the random.

So, your literally flushing money .

If wasting money. Send it to veterans, or st. Judes. Up your karma quotient for the random draw.

If you like to draw tags, buy points.

If you like to draw tags, buy points.
That's one way. But you still need a reasonable plan and I'm positive Wapitibob has one. Not everyone has a plan. ("What should I do with 7 points?").
Don't just buy points and years down the road wonder why you're no closer to drawing what you originally wanted.
If you buy your first elk point this year be aware there are 168,000 folks with more points than you.

Or learn to hunt point-less every year. The elk meat tastes the same.

Going after another cow/calf tag this year. Another kid on the way is keeping my in the points pool this year. My dad is burning his 8 and going with a guide, so at least we're getting him out of the game😂. Planning on burning my 10 next fall. Never planned on getting to 10 but moving states, point creep, and a newborn have altered my original plans a couple times.

If I apply for a cow elk hunt before jan31 can I switch to general or a specific LE bull tag after feb 1?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back