Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2023 Utah Draw Results

7 points across the board. In for just about everything. I will not draw and I do not care 😁
My Philosophy is if you don't have Max points, don't buy preference points. Put in for the tags. I can honestly say Random Draws for hunts "I never stood a chance for" have been what I've drawn.

I'm pulling my horns in this season. but I've got a UT hunting license...

Last edited:
My Philosophy is if you don't have Max points, don't buy preference points. Put in for the tags. I can honestly say Random Draws for hunts "I never stood a chance for" have been what I've drawn.
Shhhh

I'm pulling my horns in this season. but I've got a UT hunting license...
Same except almost all of them in NM with odds barely better than these UT odds

I bet it’s later this year…the week of the 22nd would be my best guess.

As a side note, I used a magic eight ball and it said “You may rely on it”. That makes me certain it will be that week. However the same magic eight ball said I was going to win the lottery and draw a NM elk tag. It was obviously broken but I shook the crap out of it so it should be working again now.

Since the application deadline was bumped, I wonder how much past dates matter this year.

Since the application deadline was bumped, I wonder how much past dates matter this year.
UT wildlife board approved/set tag numbers at their meeting yesterday. Even though the draw deadline was earlier in previous years, the draw was not completed until after the tag numbers were finalized. So, I have a feeling that this years draw results will be available on a similar timeline as years past.

UT wildlife board approved/set tag numbers at their meeting yesterday. Even though the draw deadline was earlier in previous years, the draw was not completed until after the tag numbers were finalized. So, I have a feeling that this years draw results will be available on a similar timeline as years past.
I knew that was the reasoning behind how long the draw used to take, and why they finally bumped the app deadline, and results may end up coming out about the same time. Still, I’m not sure if the past dates are telling us a lot or not.

Last edited:
Drew pine valley archery antelope and didn’t fill the tag… pretty much 14 points for deer, elk, moose and mountain goat… not hopeful for this year, but we will see

Reactions: Oak

No thread that I’m aware of. Maybe something on MM. The link above is to the article stating the changes. The biggest complaint is that the Wildlife Board went rogue on a few topics, completely ignoring the RAC process and the division’s recommendations.
Is it just me, are were numbers in the hunt planner(or whatever y’all call it) no where close to actual tag numbers? And is that supposed to be why they delayed the application period?

Is it just me, are were numbers in the hunt planner(or whatever y’all call it) no where close to actual tag numbers? And is that supposed to be why they delayed the application period?

That’s definitely one of the concerns. In the years past, the application window closed well before tag numbers were approved and published - and there was no way to modify an application. In some instances, people applied for a hunt and then no tags were allocated to the unit which they applied for.

The debacle of 2023 was the winter kill and the board going completely rogue and ignoring the science behind the tag proposals/cuts.

The wildlife board and $FW can’t get out of bed with each other long enough to know which way is up. At a board meeting a few years ago, one board membered asked the DWR how the board could better serve the DWR and folks of Utah. The spokesman for the DWR explained that the best thing the board could do was back the DWR on the recommendations. It's obvious that request fell on deaf ears.

Last edited:
14 points across the board, but only 2 general deer points… drew archery antelope in pine valley.. very droughtyyy that year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back