PEAX Equipment

2023 Idaho Draw Results

Waiting for the nonres folks who draw limited tags to turn in the gen tags they bought eons ago so some friends can snag a tag matching my gen elk tag.

So odd a guy can buy a gen tag in December and then aply for a limited tags while still holding the first tag, and then drop the first tag after the fact. I guess a good thing but sure puts a lot of tags in limbo for months…

Waiting for the nonres folks who draw limited tags to turn in the gen tags they bought eons ago so some friends can snag a tag matching my gen elk tag.

So odd a guy can buy a gen tag in December and then aply for a limited tags while still holding the first tag, and then drop the first tag after the fact. I guess a good thing but sure puts a lot of tags in limbo for months…
I think that is one of the growing pains with the new non res tag limits I’d like to see addressed. I kinda think the return thing stinks and just again makes Idaho otc kind of peoples last chance. Buy the tag in December but basically plan to turn it in when something better comes along.

Back in 2021 I was in a conversation with someone high up at IDFG and they said there are no plans to change anything as long as tags keep selling out. Its a business decision.

Would be nice to be able to plan a hunt with NR friends that are just looking for OTC type hunts.

I think that is one of the growing pains with the new non res tag limits I’d like to see addressed. I kinda think the return thing stinks and just again makes Idaho otc kind of peoples last chance. Buy the tag in December but basically plan to turn it in when something better comes along.
It annoys me as well, but it also is the only reason we still have the possibility of picking up a second tag at the NR price. So double edged sword - I know if I draw my tag I'll definitely be standing at my computer in August when we can try to snag a NR tag.

It annoys me as well, but it also is the only reason we still have the possibility of picking up a second tag at the NR price. So double edged sword - I know if I draw my tag I'll definitely be standing at my computer in August when we can try to snag a NR tag.
I was pretty happy that one of my best friends and his brother picked up tags last week. They didn’t have time to try on Dec 1 and also got hit with point creep in another state for the hunt they had planned.

0/3 for me. I hope my NR application $ goes towards something nice. Maybe a lamp.

no luck here, I wouldn't want to upset my perfect record of unsuccessful drawings across the west...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back