Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2023 Idaho Draw Results

Desk Pop

Should be in a couple weeks or so for S/G/M results.

Until then, what are you in for?

What have you killed?

Photos?

Let's pass the time until the Idaho gut-punch.

In for sheep for a change. Been trying for goat a long time. My wife, daughter and I have gotten moose. I've been fortunate to help on an additional moose, a pair of goats, and helped scout for a sheep but wasn't in on the kill.
Screenshot_20230503-182921-262.png
Daughter's moose.
Screenshot_20230503-183046-507.png
Moose I helped on last October.
Screenshot_20230503-183156-821.png
Goat my best buddy got. Epic hunt.
Screenshot_20230503-184439-716.png
Another buddy's billy. Fun day.
Screenshot_20230503-184323-171.png
My moose a million years ago.
Screenshot_20230503-184251-207.png
My wife's bull. Pictured is the daughter in the first photo with her moose, but eight years later.

Last edited:
I’m seriously hoping to draw a moose tag before they’re gone. The unit I’ve been applying for has gotten so much worse in the last decade both in moose numbers and bull size

I’m seriously hoping to draw a moose tag before they’re gone. The unit I’ve been applying for has gotten so much worse in the last decade both in moose numbers and bull size
Same here. IDFG raised the number of tags in my unit from 5 to 8 this year much to the dismay of everyone I've talked to.
Myself and everyone I know submitted comments in opposition to it but the went ahead with the proposal. While there is a healthy population right now, with decent trophy quality, I can see both of those things gone in just a few short years. It feels to me that IDFG hates moose.

Same here. IDFG raised the number of tags in my unit from 5 to 8 this year much to the dismay of everyone I've talked to.
Myself and everyone I know submitted comments in opposition to it but the went ahead with the proposal. While there is a healthy population right now, with decent trophy quality, I can see both of those things gone in just a few short years. It feels to me that IDFG hates moose.
Mine has nothing to do with harvest over that time I’ve applied bull tags have been cut and cow tags eliminated. Moose are just struggling; winter tick numbers are surging, we’ve had a couple years where roadkills exceeded hunter harvest, poor calf recruitment and a few illegal kills every year

Way down here in the South East part of the state, the population has seemed to not be struggling with the tick problems that much of the state has.

Interesting.....the moose numbers have boomed in the last 10 years in the unit where the picture was taken.

Wife is in for a moose tag where I hunted in 2021. Short season with ok odds to draw. Told her she has to hold out for 40"+ and not get trigger happy like I did.

The thing that drives you crazy is that the draws are probably already done. Probably took the computer 10 minutes. Just hand confirming everything takes forever.

The thing that drives you crazy is that the draws are probably already done. Probably took the computer 10 minutes. Just hand confirming everything takes forever.
It is probably good the more confirming they do.

It is a draw simple enough for a 5th grade class to do as a math project, yet they told a dozen NR they drew sheep tags they didn't two years back.

But, I agree. I'd love to know who drew what sooner than later!

Last edited:
It is probably good the more confirming they do.

It is a draw simple enough for a 5th grade class to do as a math project, yet they told a dozen NR they drew sheep tags they didn't two years back.

But, I agree. I'd love to know who drew what sooner than later!
You've never worked for the government have you?

There's standards and certifications to pick random numbers. Also a committee on the equations used to find random numbers that actually nullifies the random aspect. Ensuring those with power get "Randomly" selected. A committee to ensure nobody knows how that happened. Then three copies are made, one is lost. Vacation will happen and paperwork sits on someone's desk. Am assessment of the findings will be scrutinized and redone. Then the initial certifications will expire. Requiring more classes and paperwork before results can be released. A printer will jam. Bids for the cheapest repair tech have to be submitted. Technicians will be called. Tuesday they can unjam. Wednesday they unjam. Printing is done. Notarized by Tammy. Tammy charges $1000. A check must be cut. Accounts payable is on vacation. Tammy won't release documents until paid. That takes a week....

The story continues but you get the idea.

Should lock this thread till someone submits a screen shot of a email saying the bear the odds

You've never worked for the government have you?

There's standards and certifications to pick random numbers. Also a committee on the equations used to find random numbers that actually nullifies the random aspect. Ensuring those with power get "Randomly" selected. A committee to ensure nobody knows how that happened. Then three copies are made, one is lost. Vacation will happen and paperwork sits on someone's desk. Am assessment of the findings will be scrutinized and redone. Then the initial certifications will expire. Requiring more classes and paperwork before results can be released. A printer will jam. Bids for the cheapest repair tech have to be submitted. Technicians will be called. Tuesday they can unjam. Wednesday they unjam. Printing is done. Notarized by Tammy. Tammy charges $1000. A check must be cut. Accounts payable is on vacation. Tammy won't release documents until paid. That takes a week....

The story continues but you get the idea.
Pretty sure my post wasn't a compliment to the government.

It showed how not even after all of the stuff you said happened, they still had no one who said, "wait, why are we notifying 21 nonresidents they drew sheep tags when they can't have more than 9 statutorily."

We are on the same page.

I work for the government.

IDFG happens to be a particularly inefficient branch of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back