PEAX Equipment

2021 New Mexico results

My son and I drew 4 tags, 3 of which are in our home unit and I finally get to hunt NM bull elk. Huzzah! A new hunter I am encouraging drew unit 2 bull but I know nothing about that area (or why he chose it). If someone here has general advice for the unit and dealing with the private land I'd appreciate a PM.

Congrats to all who drew!
Congrats....dealing with private land? You mean how much to pay? Hope your wallet is fat. LOL

Which muzzy hunt did you get?

Well, the NM results came out yesterday (4/20) and mine were RED, ie. unsuccessful for an Antelope tag. If anybody got one and can't do the hunt and you want to give it to someone (not sure that's possible but gotta ask), I'm ready, willing, and somewhat able. Let me know.

I heard from an authoritative source that the number of applications for hunts in NM were 60,000 more than last year. Guess folks want to go hunting because jobs are shutdown with Covid, still. Stupid virus!

New, not big on forum boards, but I finally drew an elk tag. Been applying everywhere, and haven’t had a big hunt since a 2015 Alaska trip. I have seen people calling my tag “golden”, but I would still love to talk to someone who has had it.

Unit 34, first archery elk.
PM me with questions. Never had the tag, but I live in Alamogordo and spend a lot of time in the mountains.

I drew third choice archery elk in a unit with tough access
Got my second choice mule deer tag in a unit I'm excited about.

My daughter drew third choice cow elk (unit 12), and she wins the big prize with an either sex rifle ibex!!!

We struck out on eight other tags.
We're super bummed to strike out on antelope. I plan to investigate private land access and over-the-counter tag options.

Maybe I should just start an envelope for my Gila landowner tag. I'd hate to do it but if I make it to 50 and havent drawn that tag I think i will.
Depending on what you consider to be “the Gila” that may be your best bet. Under the broadest definition, and if you’re willing to hunt whichever weapon and season has the highest odds, then you have a good shot of drawing it one day. For the most coveted units and seasons....save your money if it’s important to you. If you can buy a landowner tag, I see no reason to be ashamed of it.

Pulled a nice elk tag and a decent deer tag. Unit 2 and 37 respectively. If anyone that didn't draw wants to join me in Sept for elk please let me know. An extra set of eyes, ears, and more knowledge is always appreciated. Compensated of course, but we can talk about that privately.

Well, the NM results came out yesterday (4/20) and mine were RED, ie. unsuccessful for an Antelope tag. If anybody got one and can't do the hunt and you want to give it to someone (not sure that's possible but gotta ask), I'm ready, willing, and somewhat able. Let me know.

Find us I mean you a ranch that will let us I mean you pay a trespass fee and we I mean you can go hunt there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back