2021 New Mexico results

Drew a 2B late rifle deer... I never expected to draw it and now that I did i’m thinking it may be a little different then what i was expecting it to be like. I have a few questions id like to ask a previous tag holder if someone wouldn’t mind pm’ing me.

Oh and I think im supposed to add that im not looking for your honey hole 😜

Thanks

Anyone else draw the late Unit 49 rifle tag? Drew my 3rd choice. I have experience elk hunting but will be my first time in NM. Would appreciate any tips from those with knowledge or if someone else drew perhaps we could collaborate. Might be going solo...

I
Anyone else draw the late Unit 49 rifle tag? Drew my 3rd choice. I have experience elk hunting but will be my first time in NM. Would appreciate any tips from those with knowledge or if someone else drew perhaps we could collaborate. Might be going solo...
I've bear hunted some of that unit and its steep😑 o but the one time I saw elk it wasn't steep at that spot😂

Pulled a nice elk tag and a decent deer tag. Unit 2 and 37 respectively. If anyone that didn't draw wants to join me in Sept for elk please let me know. An extra set of eyes, ears, and more knowledge is always appreciated. Compensated of course, but we can talk about that privately.
Which season for deer? I'll be down there with my boys for second rifle

How long does it normally take to get the refund from NM? I’m one of those assholes that applied there for the first time this year, ruined everyone’s odds and didn’t draw anything myself
Did you read the fine print? First timers don’t get a refund!😂😂😂
New Mexico is usually pretty quick with their electronic refunds though.

Either that or dont hunt it. Been there once as a guest and I will hunt it at least once in my life.
Your best bet as a non-res is to get in line with an outfitter. You should be able to get a great hunt for about 10K. Hit the references really hard before you plop any money down. Some of us locals who live in the area can give you some good referrals. But the best references are from the non-resident clients. Once you hunt the Gila, you will come to understand that there is no other Elk hunt that can compare.

Your best bet as a non-res is to get in line with an outfitter. You should be able to get a great hunt for about 10K. Hit the references really hard before you plop any money down. Some of us locals who live in the area can give you some good referrals. But the best references are from the non-resident clients. Once you hunt the Gila, you will come to understand that there is no other Elk hunt that can compare.
No guided hunts for me.

Which season for deer? I'll be down there with my boys for second rifle
I'll be out there Nov 13 thru 17. Only my second time (other than driving thru) in unit but e-scouting is going good. Hoping to get out twice this summer to camp it.

Great unit with a nice mix of country! Hated that I struck out there last year but it was a great time. Skyline campground was really nice.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back