Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2019 Goals: What are you shooting for?

Lots of white geese in the dakotas.. neck collar would be nice maybe some bands.. big eagle head for the wall that doesn’t get shot to hell.

I need to spend more time in the field with my kids. Hunting rabbits, fishing, bird hunting, shooting...

I have 3 kids - a 1 year old, a 5 year old, and a 9 year old. When I do take a moment's break from work, volunteering, and random duties and look around, I have pangs of panic that their time with me is slipping away faster than I realize. Spending more time with them, especially outside, is really all I wanna do.

I'm hoping to harvest my first bull elk, would really love to do it with my bow. Another goal is to shoot my first pheasant and shoot more ducks.

A successful big 3 harvest would be sufficient. Unlimited ram or mt goat is the pinnacle. Would be awesome to draw a limited entry bull tag.
Taking my wife on a good mule deer hunt would be fantastic. She'd really enjoy that.
Hopeful for just a good season with friends and family. Good luck to all.

2019 will be the inaugural season of my 10 year plan to hunt elk every year. Actually, it's more of a kill an elk every year goal. I love big bulls, but in most cases I'm looking for a quality time and meat in the freezer.
I've been listening to Randy a bunch and think I've put together a solid plan to start with. Kids are out of school and wife is supportive. Points in WY building, MT and/or ID this season.

My goals are to get a turkey or two this spring and a whitetail buck with my bow in the fall. Throw in some ducks and geese and maybe an arrow in a turkey in the fall and I would be all set. But in between now and the fall I need to demolish my shed, and rebuild it about 5 feet to the NE so that I can get a permit to run electric to it. It's going to be my woodshop, but also a place that I can hang a deer and process the meat. Lots of work to get that done.

Big game hunting has continually been less and less fulfilling for me the last few years. I feel like I'm just going through the paces, and not really enjoying it. It's no longer my calling. I feel like there's much bigger questions out there that need answered, and it's time I start seeking those. Starting in 2019, I'm going full-time Squatcher. I have a lot to learn, but I think I'm anxious to start this next chapter in my life.

My goal is to get as many of many Vet brothers hunting as many species as possible. Already have the one waterfowl hunt under my wings with 2 guys out on that one. I know for sure that I have an Indiana deer hunt scheduled with 1 or 2 vets. Best case would be to get them a couple of bruisers but meat would surely be a win. I am going to keep striving to find opportunities to get folks like me out to feel the peace of the woods the Lord has blessed me with.

"Big" trip for me this year is taking my oldest son (turns 12 in June) on his first out of state hunt in WY for pronghorn.

Putting more wild birds in front of Hank this year. May go back to IA for a long weekend, but will probably hit KS or SoDak for roosters as well. 'Twas hoping to get to WY for sage grouse, but the first item creates a bit of a scheduling conflict.

Big game hunting has continually been less and less fulfilling for me the last few years. I feel like I'm just going through the paces, and not really enjoying it. It's no longer my calling. I feel like there's much bigger questions out there that need answered, and it's time I start seeking those. Starting in 2019, I'm going full-time Squatcher. I have a lot to learn, but I think I'm anxious to start this next chapter in my life.

An avocation only limited by selection of adjectives....; )

I'm going to apply for, don't laugh, a NM 'take my money' elk license.

I'd like to shoot a mule deer that is worth putting on the wall. I passed three 20" 4x4's last year and I'm hoping one of them makes it through the winter.

It all depends on what tag I draw but whatever tag I end up with I want to fill it. My initial hopes are to get the WY Gen Elk tag with some friends and kill another bull with my bow.

Past that I hope to get my middle kid his first whitetail deer and my oldest son a decent whitetail buck.

No idea what will draw but will get out in the woods or out on the prairie or up on the mountain even if is to chase autumn turkeys. A Bighorn Sheep ram hunt and a bison hunt is about all left on my hunting bucket list. When the Aspens are turning and the geese are migrating, the last place I want to be is at my desk. Has been a few years since used horses on a hunt so maybe this is the year. Things seem simpler up in the saddle surrounded by mountain peaks. Plan to retire in a few more years and will likely then head to Spain but perhaps Chile and read through my hunting journals when fall rolls around. The mountains eventually win. They always win in the end.

Kill a solid mule deer with my bow on public ground.

That's one of my goals also. Shot some good muleys with muzzleloader, and a few whitetails with archery, but no mule deer with archery. This might be the year. Had a good hunt in NV last year but did not get a shot at anything I wanted to kill. Also would like to go on a couple of elk hunts, one OTC is a certainty, just hope to draw one decent elk hunt.

Kill a big bull tahr in June. Hopefully draw an Emperor Goose tag and get one in Cold Bay AK. If I don't draw the goose tag I'll be going somewhere for ducks; Cape Cod, Kodiak, or St. Paul Island.

I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year.
I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year.
I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back