2019 Goals: What are you shooting for?

My goal is to hunt as much as possible without causing any friction at work or home.
1) Mt goat with my son
2) antelope with my friends in WY and in MT with my family
3) archery elk if I have time
4) late season deer/elk combo - mostly exercise and frustration

A couple better tags than usual this year, so goals are:

Personal best mule deer
Personal best antelope
At least one multi-day backpacking hunting trip (probably deer)
Hunt general elk in a unit I've never been to

Last edited:
Reactions: LCH
Snap some bighorn sheep grip and grins in September, shoot a big November muley, stay gainfully employed.

I'm going to try to be picky for the first time elk hunting this fall. The last 4 years it's been simply whatever presents itself, but I'm going to try to have a little more restraint this year.

I went back to rifle for WA deer to take "advantage" of the high buck rifle hunt in mid Sept. In previous years I've struggled with the # of other hunters and the apparently lack of legal bucks, but I really want to take one from the alpine. The plan is to just go further, and more important further off trail.

If it doesn't come together on the high hunt, then I'm committed to bringing my daughter (8) along every day during the general deer season, whenever she wants. It'll mean going a little slower and not quite to far, but she's been begging to go deer hunting all year.

I'm going to try to be picky for the first time elk hunting this fall. The last 4 years it's been simply whatever presents itself, but I'm going to try to have a little more restraint this year.

I went back to rifle for WA deer to take "advantage" of the high buck rifle hunt in mid Sept. In previous years I've struggled with the # of other hunters and the apparently lack of legal bucks, but I really want to take one from the alpine. The plan is to just go further, and more important further off trail.

If it doesn't come together on the high hunt, then I'm committed to bringing my daughter (8) along every day during the general deer season, whenever she wants. It'll mean going a little slower and not quite to far, but she's been begging to go deer hunting all year.

I did the high buck hunt once as a young teenager before we moved. I would love to go back and do it again. It was a great adventure.

I’d like to shoot a 13+ inch bull tahr. I’d also like to make it to MT & WY to hunt deer, a nice mule deer would make me very happy.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back