Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2019 Goals: What are you shooting for?

I’ll be just acquiring points this year and hunting locally here at home on my farm. I have #2 son due here the end of March so no trips planned for me this year. I’ll be living vicariously through everyone else on here that’s lucky enough to have a chance to get out west.

My goal for the year is to don a Snowcrest Squatch suit and parade in front of Randy11's trail cameras this summer. When does Squatch season come in?

Personal hunting goals are broader than I can possible hope to narrow down until the draws are complete. With several kids and friends in the mix this year odds are pretty decent I'll be Sherpa for something fun and exciting.

Last edited:
Take the entire Family to WY for a couple Pronghorn and scout retirement areas. There is always a chance I will draw a random Elk tag but I only plan on swinging for the fences this year in 3 states.

If I get a big bull tahr in New Zealand, I may have to go to Nevada for a Himalayan Snowcock to go with it.

Myself and 2 other mates from Australia have committed to a Montana elk hunt in September. Firstly, is that we all have a great trip and If we get opportunities it will be a bonus. Looking forward to hunting what looks like magic country, so very different to what we are used to. Secondly, I have a beer or 3 for my 50th birthday while I’m there - I think that’s a certainty. :cool:

Turkeys in Kansas, NY and Vt. Whitetails in NY and Vt. with : Archery, muzzle loader, rifle. Canada Geese in NY and Vt. Cow elk and doe antelope in Wyoming (draw odds look great as there were lots of tags left over in the zones the past few years). Tend food plots. Continue war with invasive plants on property where I hunt.

Lose 20-30lbs or so prior to leaving for Idaho

Call in an elk in Idaho during archery season.

Get dad a shot at an elk in Idaho during archery season.

Get eyes on a legal public land buck in Florida during any season.

Get within bow range of a doe during archery season in Florida.

Get out for turkey during the spring season in Florida.

Get my Indiana buddies on some hogs in Florida to say thanks for letting me deer hunt with them the last couple years.

I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year.
I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year.
I'm going to draw a sheep tag this year...

When you draw it I'll offer my services as the worlds least experienced sherpa.

I'm just starting my points journey most places this year.
Priority #1 is trying to get my first elk. This will be my first year going after them with a bow.

Heading out to POW in May, would love to find a book bear or at least a personal best. I have also rented pack llamas for a hunt this fall, hoping to figure out the logistics of llama hunting and if it all goes well purchase my own in the next couple of years.

What a fun thread to read. I wish everyone the very best and for the record, since I no longer am able to hunt, I am jealous of each and everyone of you---have fun and good luck.

Love that so many hunts are family hunts and/or involves sons and daughters, good for you guys

Glass Eye. The Tahr will be a fun hunt, you will love it--oh and btw, the Tahr hunt will be easier than the snowcock hunt LOL

OzzyDave---You will love Montana, not that New Zealand isn't beautiful, because it is. But depending where you hunt in Montana, you will find the different for sure. Good luck on your Elk hunt and welcome to America gentlemen

1) Finish out the 2018-2019 with putting a couple more pigs in the freezer. Came close the last two hunts, but no kill. Only have two more hunts left at best (knock on wood) before season is closed on public land

2) Just got a new boat motor and hope to spend a lot more time bow fishing while dreaming of hunting season.

3) I've gone back to school at night and got my PTECH degree. Hopefully now can get a new job that will allow for more days off and not having to travel. I'll have a lot more time for hunting, fishing, and farming then.

4) Get a new hunting buddy and start training. Preferably one with 4 legs that wants to chase squirrels all day and coons all night. Already started saving heads hides and tails in the freezer.

5) The hunt I'm looking forward to is going to back to Arkansas and hunting a few of the wilderness area. Learned a lot last season and saw some beautiful country. Hopefully this time I'll be able to pack a deer or bear off the mountain.

Last edited:
I think my main goal this year will be to burn my sheep points in Wyoming. If things stay the same as last year I should be in good shape to draw. If I do draw, I'll focus as much time and effort as I can to that tag, finally.

Got kid number two due in the middle of September. So no elk rut for me again, first kid was also due in the middle of September. The holiday season can be romantic ;) No out of state tags, so just some rifle tags in CO. Hope to put a deer and an elk in the freezer. Odds of drawing sheep and moose aren't great, but you never know!

Glass Eye. The Tahr will be a fun hunt, you will love it--oh and btw, the Tahr hunt will be easier than the snowcock hunt LOL

Yeah, I've hunted tahr before but I've never held out for a big bull. It will probably be my last alpine big game hunt. When I was 13, I crashed my motorcycle into a car and my left knee was the point of impact. Been pushing through the pain all my life but at 56 now it's getting harder to do. I still want to do the snowcock while I think I still can. I'm getting more into the bird hunting because they are easier to pack out.

Doing my 1st archery hunt, going after elk in my backyard again and leaving the rifle home , my goal is to learn , enjoy the adventure and continue to grow as a hunter. My overall goal is to take any antlered branch bull with a bow before I myself am put out to pasture . Been working towards this dream for 2 years almost. I will turn 50 during this years hunt, I can’t think of a better way to celebrate 50 years on this planet, than to be with friends in the mountains I have come to love , chasing the majestic Roosevelt Elk.

Last edited:
I damaged my knee and had surgery yesterday. Today, I’m celebrating my birthday, with my leg in a brace, by mapping out goals for when knee heals. I plan an elk trip to Colorado in October. Beyond that, I’m thinking of an aoudad sheep hunt and I’m thinking about a goat hunt in Canada. I’ll need the knee to be 100% and I’ll upgrade some optics. But those are the ones for this year. I may go back to Africa for another safari too but that would be late in the year.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back