2015 NV Muley

dainer

I love it when a plan comes together...which is seldom. We put this buck http://youtu.be/CPnVxD6ezsw to bed last night 5 minutes before it was too dark to see the end of your nose. A night full of second guessing myself, and the alarm was going off before I knew it for the last day of my season.

Fast forward to this morning. Driving down the road I see truck tracks which were not there last night. Panic sets in that someone beat us in there and is stalking "my" buck. Upon arriving at where we left the deer, nobody was home. Thankfully, my wife decided to glass back up the canyon behind us. There they were. Now I just needed to figure out how to get on them across the flat snow covered flat.

Thankfully, there were a few little hills and I was able to use the topography to get into range. The does started getting spooky, and I decided to let him have it. I went prone, and was not able to get my rifle high enough on the mountain. 2 quick clicks of the bipod legs, and I was in business, albeit not as steady as I would like. 1 shot out of the boom stick and the buck was mine.

This buck wasn't the absolute monster I was hoping for, however, I am still stoked. We got 18" of snow early in the week and it made hunting very difficult. 27 3/8" G3 to G3.

nice job! little different than last week when I was down there and it was near 70*. what unit if you don't mind sharing I had a tag in 043 -046. LIL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back