2012 Elk AND Mule Deer Down!

Very well done Thwak1. That is one dirty bull.

First off, thanks to everyone. I have actually been hunting since Aug 15 for antelope and been out quite a few times for elk. This trip was just icing on the cake.

And yes, he was a muddy mess when I first shot him. His body and his entire antlers were mud covered. It's been so hot out there that most of the bulls are caked in mud right now!

What, 5 yads wasnt close enough so you had to do better? Great job!

My gf and I got that close and let him go and we went looking for a bigger buck. When we looked at the video we took, we saw he had kickers. When we went back, he had moved about a quarter mile and I was lucky enough to find him again in the spotter. Where he was at and the way the wind was blowing, coming straight over the top was the only option. I'm glad he didn't spot my shadow though. Where I mainly hunt deer, we hunt this way during the mid day when it's sunny and hot. It's really a lot of fun stalking them in the rocks!

Congrats on the nice animals!

Now in my best Cushman impression..........
I'm glad that Bowtech didn't blowup on you.lol.

I actually posted the Bowtech pics for his benifit! LOL He's always giving my crap for my avatar and past pics. I posted the gamecart pic for mtlion because I know he was inthe market for one a while back. Thanks again!

A huge congrats to you! And +1 on the one piece elk! Can I hunt with you next year?

Funny that you ask. I've got a good friend from PA that has been texting me the last few days and is planning on coming out next year if he can draw. He tries to come out every 2-3 years during archery season and sometimes follows up in November too.

Thwak Kinda guessed those first pics where meant for John, but since hes up in Wy stuffing singles in..................... I mean helping put some fine young ladies through college thought i would chime in.lol.

Dinkshooter, this is how most of my elk come out of the mountains...

Attachments

• DSCN0580a.jpg
    DSCN0580a.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0586.JPG
    DSCN0586.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0260.JPG
    DSCN0260.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0330.jpg
    DSCN0330.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 191
But sometimes, they come out like this too! :D

Attachments

• DSCN1176.jpg
    DSCN1176.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1179.JPG
    DSCN1179.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN1190.jpg
    DSCN1190.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 192
Those last 3 pictures offically made me "eat my own heart out".... completely jealous!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back