2005 Montana Whitetails

BuzzH

We hunted the last week of November and had a pretty good hunt despite crappy snow conditions and fog. In a week we took 7 deer, 5 bucks and 2 does. I saw over 100 whitetail bucks in a week, mostly 4x4 and better, 5 really good bucks that would score 140+. Couldnt make it happen on the bigger ones, but the good thing is, they'll be there next year.

Matts buck:

IMG_0809_1_1.JPG

My buck:

IMG_0840_6_1.JPG

My buddy Case with his buck:

IMG_0855_3_1.JPG

Case's Dad with his buck:

IMG_0875_4_1.JPG

Dads buck on the last day of the season:

IMG_0878_2_1.JPG

Congrats Buzz, looks like a great time was had by all. To me thats what its all about. Congrats again.

Good job! Thats a pile of deer for a weeks worth of hunting. You guys had a great season once again!

How do you hunt whitetails like that in MT? Is it public or private land, hunting river bottoms or ag fields, etc. Just curious. Very nice deer.

Throw down $5k or kiss Bill "Jerdan's" ass. ;) :D

Seriously, I think Buzz will keep his honey hole info to himself. At least I would. :D

chambero said:
How do you hunt whitetails like that in MT? Is it public or private land, hunting river bottoms or ag fields, etc. Just curious. Very nice deer.

I think they hunt like they do in Texas, with big hunting buggies, automated corn feeders, and heated elevated shooting huts..... :rolleyes:

Either that, or they get out of the rig and start using up boot leather to get to an area that has been scouted and then start hunting "Western" whitetails.

Guys, he's just asking a general question. I don't think he expects Buzz to come out and give the exact location. I'd be curious as to how they hunt also. Just whether they hunt from stands, still hunt, or spotting/stalking.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back