Caribou Gear Tarp

1st kill...

huntergirl_19

This is my first year hunting, and I had the opportunity to go on a guided rifle pronghorn hunt a couple weeks ago in CO. I borrowed a rifle from a friend and went to the range on Tuesday. I met up with my guide Wednesday afternoon. We drove around and saw a good number of animals, but every time we stopped they would run, since rifle season had started the Friday before. Eventually we got out behind a rise in a pasture and started walking, hoping to intercept one of the groups we'd sent running. Suddenly a doe ran in front of us, turned broadside and stopped. I shot her at like 150yrds, it was a great shoulder shot and I thought she'd fall but then she ran! We chased her for about 1.5miles. I took more shots at her but I kept missing. I was worried we would lose her in the plants she kept hiding behind, but luckily when we got close she would move. Eventually she got tired, and she moved out into an open area and I was finally able to bring her down. My guides helped me skin and gut her, and get her in my cooler. It was really exciting and I can't wait to go again :D

I went with KB Style Adventures- if you're looking to have a memorable hunt, give Kevin a call: http://www.kbstyleadventures.com/

Attachments

• Me with pronghorn - small.jpg
    Me with pronghorn - small.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 734
Congrats to you. The first animal you have taken is probably the best eating one you will ever get - an antelope.

Hope it is the first of many.

Congrats on your first Kill. Contrary to that load noise from the front of the rifle, they sometimes don't always just drop and yes you have to follow up. Save up and get your own Rifle and spend time at the range making your hunting a year round passion. Everyone who pulls a trigger has had to play tag with an animal before, well maybe not Dink. John

Back