Caribou Gear

1st goose for Christmas!!!

putm2sleep

Well - we had a great morning. Brooks crumpled his first goose. A proud dad day - 3 days before his birthday to boot. The geese have been hitting this field hard. I should have thought to mount it. (note: he saved hard and earned money to buy his 1st shotgun. A 12 gauge. Semi auto the local dealer talked him into a TriStar. The gun is pretty impressive. Cheap I know, but we will see how long it lasts him. I know I am going to be buying lots of shells.
Sure enjoyed the hooting and screaming when the goose was falling....a perfect shot. The group bounced, so I pulled down and just enjoyed the moment.....he went running, the tears were falling. Priceless.
Happy hunting all!

Happy holidays, and a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 229
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 228
Pictured is the new water / gun dog, Hazel. Very proud of her. Sweetest of all my labs by far, and most athletic. She is almost a year now and having a fine time with geese. Some guys are working dogs out there and have bought new pups.

>>>Three of these were the 'hissing - im gonna kick your azz dog' kind and I wish I had video. Again,, sorry for my old iphoneshots.

Good stuff putm....my mother in law uses roasted goose drippings for her magical cornbread dressing...it's killer.

Awesome pics...Merry Christmas!

Thanks all - great Christmas gift is right, he hasn't stopped smiling, and he has indeed got it bad Dink. Waterfowl is his favorite!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back