Yeti GOBOX Collection

17 months

Nut

17 months is how long I had been unemployed. I got my last week of the current tier this week and would not get any more until the 99 criminal Senators vote to refund. I recently moved back north because there wasn't any jobs for me in the rural county or surrounding area. I sent out over 200 resumes in the 17 moths and had only had 3 interviews. Well I had my 4th interview this morning.

I start working again Monday.:D
(just thought I would let some of the members know LOL)

Cities suck:(

Good to hear that you have work again Nut. I know a lot of people still out of work and cannot even get a call back for there cv's. Hardest times since 29.

Yea I guess that my location will change just a little.! I am still in Ohio(Toledo area) but one thing is that I am under a 30 minute drive to either Cabelas and a Bass Pro.

My new employer is located between Ann Arbor and Detroit. It is a 47 mile drive but it is all Interstate. We got back here at where we are living in about 50 minutes.

My youngest got a job 3 days after we got here and then the oldest got a job yesterday also.

Last edited:
That is some good news Fred. I always thought you would get something..........I guess you will make the Best of what is available where you are. Keep us informed. John

Nut, If you fell off the statistics and didn't get a job it would have looked good on the Stats anyways and made Obama's numbers look better. But glad you actually did get the job to help you out !!! Hope it all works out brohan !!

Congrats.

How did Cody fare with his first year at school?

Codie did well. He had a B average the 1st year. He joined the track team and ended up getting the "Rookie of the Year" award. He was all-conference for finishing 2nd in the 100m and as part of the Champion 4x100 relay. He is taking Microbiology in a summer course at Ohio U.

Congrates on the new job! I know it was a long time coming.

Just wondering, did you mention on the 200 resumes that you sent out that you prefer to be called "Nut"? :confused: Might explain alot! :D

Congratulations,are you still machining or did you change you line of work?

Great news, Nut. My cousins own a machine shop and they're always looking for experienced guys but it's out here in the 115 degree hardscrabble known as Phoenix. If you ever feel like having the hide burned off you for 5 months of the year, PM me & I'll put you in touch with them.

Best of luck in the new job!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back