Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Zumbo makes national television!!

A-con,

You said, "Remington paid Zumbo to support their image among firearm owners"

What image of Remington were they paying Zumbo to support?

Their image as a maker of assault weapons or their image and long history of supplying hunters with hunting firearms?

No need to answer as I think everyone with even 1/2 of a firing brain cell knows the answer to that question.

But according to you, just about anybody saying anything has free speech, how is Fratto exempt?

A-Corn,
Are you that stupid that you think Fratto was speaking his own opinion??? hahahahahah lmao!!!

Lemme guess, you think Tony Snow is a free speech guy too, just happens to stand on the other side of the podium from the reporters???

Dude, you been reading too much BHR stuff, it is starting to make you as stupid as him and Schmaltz.

Remington pointed out they support the 2nd ammendment in their statement where they stopped their support of Zumbo. There's no doubt, Zumbo having opinions contrary to their support of the 2nd amendment with his anti AR-15 statements influenced their decision to stop supporting him. They have not stopped supporting the 2nd amendment.

Remington pointed out they support the 2nd ammendment in their statement where they stopped their support of Zumbo. There's no doubt, Zumbo having opinions contrary to their support of the 2nd amendment with his anti AR-15 statements influenced their decision to stop supporting him. They have not stopped supporting the 2nd amendment.

Exactly.........:eek:

What image of Remington were they paying Zumbo to support?

Their image as a maker of assault weapons or their image and long history of supplying hunters with hunting firearms?

Their public relations image |oo

Please Buzz, try to live up to the tradition of your short bus education.
I know the concept of marketing is a bit over your head, but try to follow along.
Zumbo writes warm fuzzy stories about hunting.
Remington pays to have their name on these stories. Then, people read the stories, and associate the name Remington with a warm fuzzy feeling. When Zumbo writes stuff that pisses people off, they associate the name Remington with being pissed off.
OK, I can see you don’t understand.
Let me put it this way, what if the Forest Service paid you to put toilet paper the outhouses, but you put belt sandpaper in instead ? Get it now?

A-con,

I dont believe Remington hired Zumbo for support of assault weapons...do you?

The guy is a HUNTER, maybe not a good one...but a hunter non-the-less...I'll just go right out on the ragged edge and say they hired him to endorse hunting firearms...like the 700 bdl for example.

Just pure speculation on my part.

If they wanted to hire somebody to support assault weapons...I'd guess they would have hired someone like Wayne LaPierre, Rambo, or Chuck Norris.

Buzz - What is an "Assault Weapon"?

Quote from Jimbo's apology - "They say hindsight is golden. Looking back, I can't believe I said the words "ban" and "terrorist" in the context that I did."

Given who employs him, maybe you should be channeling your anger towards Remington & OL for allegedly caving into the NRA.

Hangar18- Zumbo referred to the AR-15 which the Assault Weapons Ban specified by name as an assault weapon...

"The law defined and applied the term assault weapon to semi-automatic firearms that were predominantly derived from fully-automatic weapons. It included certain specific models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, all Kalashnikovs [including the AK-47], and Uzi) and other firearms because they possessed disqualifying combinations of the features below;

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Conspicuous pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or silencer
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz or more
A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
Detachable magazine "

Thanks Buzz.

So are you saying that before the Scary-looking Weapons ban aka the Assault Weapons Ban there was no such thing as an assault weapon?

Hangar18, Buzz didn't put that definition up. However, since this is the definition adopted by the legislative branch of the government, I would assume it's a binding definition. Also, since we are speaking in present tense of Jim Zumbo being fired, wouldn't you agree this is the definition to use? If not, what's your definition and what do you think Jim was speaking about when he used the term "terrorist" and "AR-15" perhaps an assault weapon not a hunting rifle?

Hey Matt,

Instead of wasting time trying to convince one another that this is actually a topic that needs debated, let's just quit now. I am serious. I should have just kept my mouth shut. Events over the previous two weeks have changed my attitude towards certain things, such that I am done arguing over pointless shit because I have seen first-hand what it does to people that are important to me.

Let's get really productive

PC or MAC?
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

I am going to say PC...for now. I have a G4 Laptop that for the life of me I can't seem to figure out. On the other hand it works, while for some reason my PC is having trouble accepting cookies and/or running Java script despite all pertinent settings being correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back