Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

Congrats Randy and Marcus on the hunt of a lifetime!

@Big Fin how many animals do you have toward the Super Slam? Any interest in completing it?
Many have asked that. Not sure how many of those 29 I have taken.

As for interest in it, not really. I understand the intrigue it might have for some. I worry it would become almost like a "shopping list" I wouldn't get the fulfillment each animal deserves. I could be completely wrong. For now, my "slams" are the landscapes I get to explore with a rifle in hand.

Many have asked that. Not sure how many of those 29 I have taken.

As for interest in it, not really. I understand the intrigue it might have for some. I worry it would become almost like a "shopping list" I wouldn't get the fulfillment each animal deserves. I could be completely wrong. For now, my "slams" are the landscapes I get to explore with a rifle in hand.
Different story if we are talking about a grouse slam? ;)

Wow Randy, Simply an amazing story and amazing pictures to go with it. Congrats to you and Marcus ! My goals are not as hard, it's just to hunt elk and deer in MT/WY with you and Marcus... :). LOL....

Congrats to Randy and Marcus. Thanks for taking us along

I could post dozens of these northern lights shots showing different colors and hues every hour.

So post 'em up.
How else am I going to convince the wife this is something we need to do?

Congrats on what looks to be a truly, great trip!

In addition to the landscapes, who I get to share these hunts with is also very important. For this Yukon hunt, I wanted to be joined by someone I know would be as intrigued and fascinated as I would be. That person, a person who has grown to be one of the people I most admire and respect, is Marcus Hockett.
What I've always really appreciated about your content is how much you emphasize this. It really sets you apart. Thanks for sharing an amazing story. I hope to one day experience such an incredible adventure with equally incredible people.

What a truly magnificent experience, in every sense of the word, in every aspect of the hunt. Congrats, and thanks for sharing such a place with us. That was spectacular, and I now feel I’ll have to make a trip there some day, even without a tag in my pocket.

Some might wonder why I find this picture such a good summary. It is two camera guys doing what they love and doing a great job of it. Michael taking images of Marcus while Marcus is taking images of two very happy guys, me and Grant. Add in a great moose, a stunning backdrop, and this picture probably summarizes this adventures more than I can write. There is at least one guy in that picture who feels that life has dealt him a royal flush, every day, in every way, and all he has to do is keep his hands on the wheel and screw it up.

View attachment 298714
Amazing write up and congratulations on such an incredible lifetime experience!!

Would you mind posting rough prices for others (cough cough *me*) to consider going? I know Marcus did the Alaska logistics a few years ago, but this experience is different than his DIY @Big Fin

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back