Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

What an incredible adventure. Life’s best people in the universe’s best country.

You basically crammed a few “once in a lifetime” hunting experiences into a single trip!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing !

What an amazing adventure. If the video of this hunt is as good as the narrative and photos you've posted, it's going to be epic. Congrats to everyone involved on the harvest of three incredible animals in what one can argue is one of the most scenic/beautiful places on planet earth!

Do it as soon as you can. The inflation on these Canadian hunts is mind boggling. It doubled since I went in 2019.
It sure is. The outfitter that my wife and I went with on Newfoundland for moose and woodland caribou in 2018 has doubled as well. For two moose and the caribou, our 7 night hunt was 14.5k compared to a whooping 31k now.

That light show alone looks like it was worth the effort of getting up there. Great bulls, you guys!

Like was said earlier.….good things happen to good people. Thanks for the story, pics and motivation.

That trip looks like it had everything you were looking for. Glad to see Canada treating you good again(albeit pricey, like everything nowadays)

With all the hard work and commitment to what you love back home and the great media you share with all it is greatly deserved. And your crew is worthy as well.

What an amazing hunt. After looking at the 24-25 prices, I realized its well out of my price range. It would be a cool adventure. I need to look into Marcus' diy info. Maybe a self guided drop camp or something of that nature.

In the last two days since reading this I was determined go have a go as well That is until I looked at the prices when converting nz to us.
Otc wapiti for me and maybe a whitetail.
I do get to hunt tons or every chance I get on tahr n chamois and all the other animals here down under.

I could go on our Alaskan moose hunt three times for those prices - no guides or comforts of home but public land, over the counter tags with some giant moose. I would like to hunt mountain caribou but at those prices I just cannot make sense of it. I will just have to enjoy the pictures of those that can swing it. Great animals and awesome country.

We slept in a bit the morning of Day 3. For the first time, we saw the sun. Marcus and Drae took their Argo to go retrieve meat, cape, and antlers. A better feel for the size of Marcus' bull and the terrain these things live in.
View attachment 298665

Michael, Grant, and I headed out not too long behind them, hoping to explore a drainage that seemed really intriguing and not yet hunted this season. The second caribou I located was two miles away. Wow, we better get a closer look.
View attachment 298663

By the time we got closer, the sun had him napping with his head on the ground.
View attachment 298664

Grant assured me that my excitement was well spent. This was a true whopper of a bull. Let's get going. Another long stalk that took most of the afternoon had me at 264 yards, waiting for his cows to clear as I rested on the pack. Thank God for the extra time to get my pulse and breathing under control. He was quartering towards us, trying to make out what we were. He hesitated a bit too long as his cows filed over the ridge. One shot from the Howa Superlite .308 sent a 165 grain Nosler Partition through him, starting a cartwheel down the steep slope that would take off part of him main beam and four of his points.
View attachment 298667

View attachment 298670

Having taken Marcus' bull back to camp, when Marcus heard we were going on a stalk, he was asking for coordinates. I sent him an inReach message and he tried to get there before the shooting. They were too late, but it was a great help to have him and Drae arrive in time to help with the extraction. Marcus offered to carry the antlers, which with this grabbing brush as our obstacle, I was happy to oblige.
View attachment 298671
Amazing bull - congratulations!What a trip. Northern lights are on the bucket list!

Another cool hunt … thanks for putting this stuff out there for the guys that are not likely to ever go on a hunt such as this. Those caribou are awesome animals, I find the mountain caribou even more fascinating due to the darker color hides, antlers, and landscape they reside. I don’t see myself ever going a hunt like this unless I win the lottery, but I’m okay with that. Thanks again for posting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back