Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Your thoughts?

Do you have to have served to have honor? No. But I think it is honorable to honor those who did, and do.

Cali,
What better way to "honor" those than to learn from the History and make sure it doesn't happen again?

When you have someone like Dick Cheney get 4 deferrments, so he doesn't have to serve call invading Iraq a "quagmire" in 1994.
"It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over Iraq," he said. The administration of President George Bush senior had judged that removing Saddam was not worth "many more" American lives than the 146 lost in repelling him from Kuwait, he said.
and yet, we did not "honor" those who lost their lives in the last quagmire, as we allowed someone like Cheney to lead us into the next quagmire.

Why do you equate Cheney with those who served? We are not talking about him, or Bush or anyone else you wish to drag into this. We are talking about the men and women who have served and who are serving now. We are not even talking about whether their sacrifices were justified. We are not talking about whether you think any particular conflict was proper. Get off you and your opinions of such things. The question is - are veterans deserving of any level of respect? It is you who have placed the "unending" and "undying" qualifiers on it in this discussion.

You, by your statements, feel that they deserve nothing. You should feel ashamed. The ability that you possess to make these statements was paid for, in blood, by someone sometime - even it was the minutemen at Concord.

Why do you equate Cheney with those who served? We are not talking about him, or Bush or anyone else you wish to drag into this.

The question is - are veterans deserving of any level of respect? It is you who have placed the "unending" and "undying" qualifiers on it in this discussion.
Cali,
Why do only veterans deserve respect? Don't all of mankind deserve respect?

And do you "respect" the heroic service that John Kerry completed in Viet Nam under enemy fire, or do you more "respect" Cheney's 4 deferrments that kept him stateside and do you "respect" Dubya's joining of the Texas/Alabama guard and subsequent AWOL?

Do you respect Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove/Wolfowitz for the Quagmire they led our current Military into?

Quote - Why do only veterans deserve respect? Don't all of mankind deserve respect?

Are you drunk or stoned? Who ever said "only veterans deserve respect?" You are such an ass. I know you are not that stupid, so you must be impaired in some manner this morning.

"Don't all humans deserve respect?" No. Jeffery Dahmer, Saddam, Hitler, etc. are just some examples. The scum raping the 5-year old girl in her bedroom deserves no respect.

Do you really believe that liberal pablum - all humans deserve respect? Gag. C'mon, Jose. We know even you are not that dumb. If you are going to keep up this drivel, I'm gonna stop playing. ;)

Quote - Why do only veterans deserve respect? Don't all of mankind deserve respect?

Are you drunk or stoned? Who ever said "only veterans deserve respect?" You are such an ass. I know you are not that stupid, so you must be impaired in some manner this morning.

"Don't all humans deserve respect?" No. Jeffery Dahmer, Saddam, Hitler, etc. are just some examples. The scum raping the 5-year old girl in her bedroom deserves no respect.

Do you really believe that liberal pablum - all humans deserve respect? Gag. C'mon, Jose. We know even you are not that dumb. If you are going to keep up this drivel, I'm gonna stop playing. ;)

So do you think the serviceman on Okinawa that raped that little Japanese girl deserves respect? Do you think the knuckleheads at AbuGahrib (No idea how to spell it, no care to learn) deserve respect?

Or, do you think good people deserve respect and bad people don't deserve respect, regardless of military service?

Stupid analogies, Jose. You are simple minded today - or perhaps it is just obvious today for some reason? Since one veterans deserves no respect, all veterans deserve no respect. Since all veterans are humans, then no humans deserve respect. If one human deserves repesct, then all humans deserve respect. Stupid. Entirely lacking in any semblence to reality, and lacking any part of the scientific method. Been reading too much Camus lately? Or do you prefer Sartre?

Geeze, I don't think he reads anything that intellectual. As I understand it, Camus and Sartre got depressed from WWII. They're French, right?

Try stirring up something besides shit Jose. What do you think about the New Jersey politics for Nov. on birth control for wildlife, on no knowledge wildlife board members?

Jose - I am not the one who said all people deserve respect - that was you. Did you forget that already? Unlike you, I feel that respect is earned, not a birthright. You are demonstrating that fact quite well, actually.

When do I ever backpedal???

Which happens more often, me stirring up Chit or me backpedaling?

...the stirring always precipitates the backpedaling ie: obfuscation, equivocation, deflection....belching left wing dogma from eastern european billionaire loonies & aging rock stars...weakazzed state specific homilies...

...and wtf is this tidbit of schiz'd forensics?

10:27 AM 2fastnaz Viewing Thread Your thoughts?
10:26 AM Hntnhrd Private Messaging
10:14 AM jabber Viewing Thread Your thoughts?
10:28 AM JB Viewing Thread Your thoughts?
10:29 AM JoseCuervo Searching Forums
10:28 AM MattK Viewing Thread Your thoughts?
10:26 AM Nemont Viewing Thread Your thoughts?
10:28 AM pa mt man Viewing Index Hunt Talk
10:26 AM Spitz Viewing Thread Shotgun Stock?
10:17 AM Washington Hunter Viewing Thread Your thoughts?

Geeze, I don't think he reads anything that intellectual. As I understand it, Camus and Sartre got depressed from WWII. They're French, right?

Try stirring up something besides shit Jose. What do you think about the New Jersey politics for Nov. on birth control for wildlife, on no knowledge wildlife board members?

thtrans.gif

The blank check analogy is a little bit off base. I volunteered because A. I hated college and needed a way to get away from where I was at. B. I could put in $1,200 and get $40,000 back, so I could go back to college once I grew up and sobered up. I don't think I once thought about being killed in action or "writing a blank check". More like I signed on the dotted line and in 1990 Saddam had a brain fart and invaded Kuwait. My unit was deployed. We were a permanent NATO unit. Never ever was it planned to move a Corps sized forward deployed force from Europe to Southwest Asia. Just luck of the draw.

The current veterans that joined after 9/11 knew what they were getting into and joined anyway. My hat is off to them but I doubt if you asked any of them if they felt like they were writing a blank check.

I got far more out of my military days then I put into them. I feel more like I owe it to my country to be a productive citizen because I was able to complete college on the taxpayer's dime.

Nemont

Maybe it is a way for people who were in the service to try and "collect interest" on that check for years and years to come, always feeling like people owe them something for a job they did when they were 18 years old.

Hoser, have you ever given anything back to this country? ever even donate $$$ to any group of vets, police etc.etc....

Seems you have a "hard-on" for any type of pro-american groups,,, VFW, Minutemen etc,etc....You don't have to serve but you could at least support/defend the fact that you reap the rewards of a free country.

Guys like you will be the first to SCREAM, when you lose it all.hump

Keep up your open border mentality and military bashing along with the other liberal SICKO'S ... this country is at the "crossroads" My suggestion is turn to the right.:)

What do you think Jose? Lets support that New Jersey alliance! Its in a liberal state and its for hunting, how about you, where do you stand on that?

What do you think Jose? Lets support that New Jersey alliance! Its in a liberal state and its for hunting, how about you, where do you stand on that?

Tom,
Are you done supporting Cali and his vetrans looking for interest on his blank check and now you want to MoveOn to supporting people in Jersey?

I guess your "Semper fi" meant "only for a little while", until something else comes along. There is a reason Texas wasn't wanted by two different countries, look at the attitude it breeds among the residents.

It is as related to the topic as many of your posts, Jose!

Give it up, Tom. Trying to get Jose to take a stand is like trying to nail Jello to the wall, and his spine is just as firm ~ He just prefers to attack others while hiding behind a keyboard. Now if this country is ever attacked by web posters, our heroic Jose will be the first to grab his keyboard and jump into the fray! :D :D

Jose Cuervo - king of the computer commandos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back