Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

YNP - Setting a precedence?

Couldn’t the park ranger just give her a stern ass chewing?
must we involve the lawyers?
Speaking from experience. People need the threat. I had to fight people to stay back from that cow moose with brand new calf. I felt lucky it was dusk and she was exhausted. They kept trying to inch closer. I don’t know how many times I heard, “but I can’t get a good picture.” I think “carrying a big stick” of fines may help as a deterrent. I’d like to have had that threat. “Ms., is that photo worth $10k?”

I just can’t imagine wanting to impose financial hardship on another person for taking a picture of a bear. 🤷‍♂️
What about the financial hardship on the government due to dealing with the attack? What about the cost of euthanizing, or relocating the bear. It’s your tax dollars. They should manage their finances more effectively and buy a better camera. It’s cheaper than the fine.

Define “this kind of behavior” and “stupid things”
She lived...
This guy didn’t...
So who’s the stupid one doing the stupid things?
Very sad, but there’s a reason it’s called the wild. There’s a level of risk we all assume each day depending on our decisions.

10k is excessive though that is a discernable value based on the discretion of the Judge - as the same with any criminal case, misdemeanor or felony.

I received a verbal warning from the Park police at the boat launch when I returned. I was fishing a coast line via boat... meanwhile a griz meandered by my area. I was advised I should have moved out of the area as I'm required to keep at least 100 yards from the bear. I asked if these warnings are issued to every car occupant that is within 100 yards of bison, bear, etc that opt to travel / impede the park traffic... The Park Officer said that is why it's merely a warning and not a citation. Had we intentionally moved toward the bear vs the bear moving toward my location, it would be a different story.

With that said... something has to be done to reign in these 'tards vs snowflaking society with further bs. The purpose of our judicial system is inclusive of deterrence.

I get the reason and need for incidents where people are harassing and chasing animals. But either apply it to everyone or no one. This is stupid. The bear approached her in the video. The guy filming it was either standing next to his car or doing so out the window, 5-7 yards farther away. He better damn well also get charged, he's guilty of everything the woman was, as was everyone else within 100 yards of this very serious incedent.

I'm confused how the guide being killed by a bear is comparable.

Most of these tourists figure that the $50 they paid to enter the park allows them to do what ever they want. You would have to pay me to go to one of these overcrowded zoos.

I get the reason and need for incidents where people are harassing and chasing animals. But either apply it to everyone or no one. This is stupid. The bear approached her in the video. The guy filming it was either standing next to his car or doing so out the window, 5-7 yards farther away. He better damn well also get charged, he's guilty of everything the woman was, as was everyone else within 100 yards of this very serious incedent.

I'm confused how the guide being killed by a bear is comparable.

In this instance, she was videoed & it went out broadly so there was a better chance of identifying & charging her, especially as she made some poor decisions.

Bears coming toward you require you to retreat.

In this instance, she was videoed & it went out broadly so there was a better chance of identifying & charging her, especially as she made some poor decisions.

Bears coming toward you require you to retreat.
Winder if it say in the law, bears specifically. Or wildlife? And the 100 yard rule? What is retreat? Standing at your car 5 yards farther away is ok?

I can see the need for a large fine & jail sentence. It's about deterring people from doing the stupid. Yes, some will always take it as a challenge, but others will say "it ain't worth getting the park popo on me and costing me my Boone's Farm budget for 2021."

Bears hurt & kill stupid people. Stupid people need deterrents. This is a fine for being stupid.
"Stupid people" should be assessed with a bag limit, not a fine.

Speaking from experience. People need the threat. I had to fight people to stay back from that cow moose with brand new calf. I felt lucky it was dusk and she was exhausted. They kept trying to inch closer. I don’t know how many times I heard, “but I can’t get a good picture.” I think “carrying a big stick” of fines may help as a deterrent. I’d like to have had that threat. “Ms., is that photo worth $10k?”
I’m getting really tired of the “threats”.
“between you and me I’d done nothing wrong. Broke a law wrote down same as this song, by a man who didn’t know anymore than me bout how to please god or the way to live free.”
#music=BS

What about the financial hardship on the government due to dealing with the attack? What about the cost of euthanizing, or relocating the bear. It’s your tax dollars. They should manage their finances more effectively and buy a better camera. It’s cheaper than the fine.
Isn’t the government like 23 trillion in the hole?
print some more money, hire some more rangers and create more good paying jobs.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back