Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming results

Drew 3rd choice antelope tag.

Interesting looking at draw odds. 1st choice would've been a random draw so didn't expect it, but doesn't look like the points to get it changed much in regular pref point draw and went up a point in the special. Looked at our 2019 1st choice and that unit went down a point by the looks of it in the regular pref point draw and up a point in the special.

usually i put in for 3 antelope tags and 3 deer tags to hedge the odds a little more

putting in for the special on pronghorn buck made me pull back on the deer apps just in case i drew more than i anticipated and broke the budget

lesson learned, put in for everything all the time. a special tag that held steady on odds for several years crept by a point and now i have no wyoming tags

guess i'll focus on fall bear hunting in co instead

Boy the deer and antelope leftovers list is almost non existent also. My how things have changed in WY the last few years. It's amazing to see some of the points burned on very very marginal units. People burning 8-10 points on 2 point units.

Drew a very good buck lope tag in special draw with a buddy who boosted me a point (we were just above the cut line with his help) and I also pulled two doe lope tags that were 10% odds this year after demand went from about 80 apps to over 1200.

How on earth does a longterm easy draw doe tag go from 80 apps to over 1200 1st choice apps? rhetorical Q, I understand but still....

Last time in my lope unit this happened when @Dinkshooter was trying to steer one toward me and my bow...He was wishing he had carried his own bow on this task as he closed from 800 yds to 35 yds. One of those crazy cool things you get to experience bowhunting these cool, unpredictable critters. I was maybe 300 yards away and decided to pull out camera when he was getting close. Pulled out the rifle a couple days later and tagged this buck.

4FDCBAD3-5F06-4B49-B37E-5EFB95EB10EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Drew a very good buck lope tag in special draw with a buddy who bosted me a point (we were just above the cut line with his help) and I also pulled two doe lope tags that were 10% odds this year after demand went from about 80 apps to over 1200.

How on earth does a longterm easy draw doe tag go from 80 apps to over 1200 1st choice apps? rhetorical Q, I understand but still....

yea a cpl of those areas got hammered

Dad and I drew our 81-1 deer tags to go along with the 13-6 cow elk tags we drew last month. We didn't get the doe antelope tags we applied for, but hard to complain with us having the deer/cow tag in our pockets. Looking forward to this hunt. This makes the second time we have had this tag combo, with 2018 being the first. We had to return those tags for refund after the Ryan fire screwed it up. Praying for no fires to mess it up this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back