Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming results

We were part of the point creep problem I am sure. Daughter burned her antelope points on a 74 buck tag and also hit two doe tags. I hit neither random deer nor doe antelope...that is the way this draw season has been going though. Happy to help her find a really good buck!

A quick glance at the special draw odds and you can tell A LOT of people decided to burn their points this year, wow!

Wyoming let non-residents know the future when jacked up prices a couple of years back. Got some of the Max Point guys into the application game rather than just buy another decade of points for elk, deer and pronghorn. WY is CO, just a decade behind the train wreck. Point creep makes it difficult to get back in line once your points fall to 0. Most Max types can't hunt 3 primo tags in a year so are taking 3 years to burn the max points but then some are not drawing much to their surprise. Not that many primo deer tags for a non-resident. Elk can be a challenge. Pronghorn is easy. They are figuring it out, though.

None of the buck antelope areas I’d looked at for my brother saw an increase in points needed but all the reduced areas doubled in applicants.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back