Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming results

Well we struck out. Upset little guy but that’s how it goes. Looking at a doe whitetail leftover but can’t find out much on the unit.

Maybe try to use him as bait to get permission on a ranch in a unit with leftover tags. Have him hand-write some letters and send them out. There’s nothing to lose and, despite what you often read online, I’ve found most ranchers to be pretty good people.

I foresee hundreds of guys fighting to the death for the remaining 164 Type 1 Antelope tags.

I also foresee dozens of guys messing up their leftover app and applying for the 1000+ Type 2 tags only to realize they can only use them on private. HuntTalk will get busy in July...

Put in for me and wife as a party and unfortunately we were unsuccessful

Everything and everywhere is getting tougher to draw, that isn't going to change, ever. It wont ever be better than right now.

Was on the phone earlier with one of my best friends, its not a bad thing to be in your 50's with more hunting in the rearview than the windshield. I feel pretty good about taking advantage of the things that were really good when they were, in terms of access to tags. Looking at even the Resident odds, as well as NR odds...its a grim trend.

Oh, and yeah, drew pronghorn buck and 2 cow permits...will pick up general elk, general deer, maybe another deer and pronghorn in the leftover draw. I don't apply for doe deer or doe pronghorn anymore.

Put in for two different doe antelope units and drew one with my wife and buddy as a party.

Reactions: LCH
It is interesting when people talking about "over-paying" with points. Hunters are 100% aware of the points they used and would not have put in if it was not worth it to them. The animals do not care if you spent 10 points on a unit that took 6 to guarantee. People save points and some want to make plans before mid-June and know they will put in for a tag with some cushion.

My wife and I will be moving to WY later this summer so we put in for the easiest draw for doe tags around the area we will be living. We each applied for two deer tags and one pronghorn. We each got drawn for whitetail doe tags and she got a doe pronghorn. I’m a bit concerned about how easy it will be to find a whitetail in this area but figure since we’ll be living nearby that just makes scouting easier. Kinda bummed I didn’t even draw a pronghorn doe tag as I had one preference point and she had zero. Oh well I’ll be by her side for our first pronghorn experience at least.

Struck out on everything, so did my 12yr old son. He was in tears, can’t say I blame him. Looks like we’ll be headed to Oklahoma for some cat fishing in October.

My wife and I will be moving to WY later this summer so we put in for the easiest draw for doe tags around the area we will be living. We each applied for two deer tags and one pronghorn. We each got drawn for whitetail doe tags and she got a doe pronghorn. I’m a bit concerned about how easy it will be to find a whitetail in this area but figure since we’ll be living nearby that just makes scouting easier. Kinda bummed I didn’t even draw a pronghorn doe tag as I had one preference point and she had zero. Oh well I’ll be by her side for our first pronghorn experience at least.
Not 100% but I think doe tags are random and PP only go towards buck tags

Struck out on everything, so did my 12yr old son. He was in tears, can’t say I blame him. Looks like we’ll be headed to Oklahoma for some cat fishing in October.

Ya my boy was upset too. Ive been on the computer all day trying to come with a plan for this fall. It isn't looking well

Back