Wyoming - flying aircraft over private to access public land

Doesn't take long to get a response from someone who enforces the laws. Glad he's gone though.

Kelly Todd
7:05 AM (10 minutes ago)
to me

Hi , as long as they did not look for elk while flying they would be fine. The main purpose for this is the number of people flying planes and drones, to scout for elk.

Kel

--
Kelly Todd
Wyoming Game and Fish Dept.
Game Warden
1017 Reynolds
Laramie, WY 82072

Pretty funny when someone goes on an over the top rant about law, and then doesn't even know WTF is legal and what's not. The beauty of Al Gore's internet.....

Late to the party here, but it felt like the OP was just trying to start some stuff and see if he could get tossed. Good entertainment.

Lou Pinella used to do that all the time when his teams were getting boat raced. Nice way to get half a day off.

So, what's the difference if you fly across or step across a corner through the air? I know pin pointing the exact corner is tricky but OnX certainly shows everyone where that is.

Serious question.

Fun thread to read, lol. I can’t say I will miss the guy. Some people you just can’t make happy.

BAsed on the wording of that statute, I think you'd be ok, regardless of wha G&F said or didn't.

It says you can't use an airplane to locate and aid.

If it said locate or aid, then you'd be in trouble if you were using your plane to take an animal.

Take your plane in & fight the man. We'll donate to your gofundme account.
Right. Otherwise, it’d be illegal to fly in on an airliner to go on a hunt.

The highest possible general practical use of airspace would be rain clouds, no? So stay above that average height and you should be ok.

Doesn't take long to get a response from someone who enforces the laws. Glad he's gone though.

Kelly Todd
7:05 AM (10 minutes ago)
to me

Hi , as long as they did not look for elk while flying they would be fine. The main purpose for this is the number of people flying planes and drones, to scout for elk.

Kel

--
Kelly Todd
Wyoming Game and Fish Dept.
Game Warden
1017 Reynolds
Laramie, WY 82072

Apparently it's a big deal to scout BOTG and/or drones and sell the GPS coordinates of trophy species.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back