Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

Like I said earlier in this it would be interesting to see what would interesting to see what would come of a dead bull that was accessed from corner crossing with a outfitter finding out while it’s being packed. If someone really wanted to test it now be east enough to go find some sheds

That what I was thinking...

There is no Law allowing corner crossing in MT therefore it's unlawful. It's not illegal as there is no law banning/case/ etc.

Super weird logic though right?

I can think of a near infinite set of possibile acts for which no law “allowing“ those acts exists. But colloquially, it would make no sense to refer to those acts as unlawful.

Super weird logic though right?

I can think of a near infinite set of possibile acts for which no law “allowing“ those acts exists. But colloquially, it would make no sense to refer to those acts as unlawful.
Humor me with one? First thing that came to my mind? You can't take a dump off your front porch. Doubt there is a law saying you can't yet I could see how someone might wanna go "yeah that's unlawful"

How it has been determined illegal could certainly be in question, but the FWP regulations state that corner crossing is illegal…

63E6232E-267C-46A3-9694-0ECFDACC4048.jpeg

How it has been determined illegal could certainly be in question, but the FWP regulations state that corner crossing is illegal…

View attachment 278231
That was a new change to the regulations I had noted also. I don’t recall exactly but I think it was about the time hank and Jersey Greg showed up with the current awesomeness. Saying something with no basis is just that. I say write all the tickets you want. Hunting without permission? Civil trespass? Criminal trespass?

Humor me with one? First thing that came to my mind? You can't take a dump off your front porch. Doubt there is a law saying you can't yet I could see how someone might wanna go "yeah that's unlawful"
Poor example. There are numerous laws that could apply.

What statute/regulation do they write if it's illegal?
This is all based on an opinion from the AGs office from decades ago. I am all but certain no one has been successfully prosecuted for crossing at the pin. In fact, IIRC one guy who was prosecuted for the “close enough” approach was also acquitted on another charge where he did cross at a pin.

This is all based on an opinion from the AGs office from decades ago. I am all but certain no one has been successfully prosecuted for crossing at the pin. In fact, IIRC one guy who was prosecuted for the “close enough” approach was also acquitted on another charge where he did cross at a pin.
So, I'm assuming Montana is like Wyoming, trespass to hunt in fg statute, criminal, and civil?

i would think that the wyoming civil case,,{in federal court}would pretty much set a president in any state about corner crossing,and make it pretty tuff to prosocute against the latest court ruling.will this have to be tried in each different state even though were talking federal land.

It’s definitely a roadmap for reduced risk any way you look at it. Of course nothing precludes the right Leo and the right county attorney from using govt resources to make you vigorously defend yourself even if you didn’t break any laws. That’s one downfall to the existing system and the landowner privilege built into the system makes this outcome very likely in certain counties in Montana in my opinion. But I think if you have your ducks in a row there’s a good chance you would have support from the hunting community just like the Wyoming case

It’s definitely a roadmap for reduced risk any way you look at it. Of course nothing precludes the right Leo and the right county attorney from using govt resources to make you vigorously defend yourself even if you didn’t break any laws. That’s one downfall to the existing system and the landowner privilege built into the system makes this outcome very likely in certain counties in Montana in my opinion. But I think if you have your ducks in a row there’s a good chance you would have support from the hunting community just like the Wyoming case
What county would there be an advantage to having a corner crossing case in Montana stem from?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back