PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

Defense hammering on Leo case not being pertinent (defendants didn't build a road) and Berger(?) case which says that you cannot bar the public from entering public land.
Judge denied motion to dismiss because the State made a "prima facie" argument and the jury will have to decide.

Kind of surprise to hear land and water mentioned. Hasn't wyoming already made a ruling about boating over private land. You can boat but not anchor because as long as you don't touch land you're not trespassing. I think that's how I read it Years ago.

I listened for a few hours and can say I see no reason to need a "legal degree" for this nonsense. Who cares what the game warden said or didn't say; everybody in WY knows they crossed at the pin. Is "breaking the "plane" illegal? I thought that was the crux of the whole case and I still have no idea, maybe I missed it.

The latest from Angus at Wyofile. This should make it quite plain and clear to the Jury.

”The judge in a corner-crossing trespass trial in Carbon County indicated Thursday she intends to include language in jury instructions referencing a Wyoming law that vests “ownership of the space above” private property to the owner of that property.

Carbon County Circuit Court Judge Susan Stipe told attorneys — but not the jury — that including the airspace language would be her intention when they finalize jury instructions Friday.

“There’s no evidence they were on private land — not one shred.”

DEFENSE ATTORNEY RYAN SEMERAD”

https://wyofile.com/corner-crossing-judge-wants-airspace-language-in-jury-instructions/

Last edited:
The latest from Angus at Wyofile. This should make it quite plain and clear to the Jury.

”The judge in a corner-crossing trespass trial in Carbon County indicated Thursday she intends to include language in jury instructions referencing a Wyoming law that vests “ownership of the space above” private property to the owner of that property.

Carbon County Circuit Court Judge Susan Stipe told attorneys — but not the jury — that including the airspace language would be her intention when they finalize jury instructions Friday.

“There’s no evidence they were on private land — not one shred.”

DEFENSE ATTORNEY RYAN SEMERAD”

https://wyofile.com/corner-crossing-judge-wants-airspace-language-in-jury-instructions/
I expect some vigorous arguments on the airspace issue this morning before the jury comes in.
It's been interesting following along.

I cringed when I heard that. As someone else already pointed out, I think the defense will dispute any language like that. If they lose that argument, it will come back up in the appeal.

Interestingly, from 2020 to 2021 the number of available NR tags for this unit (Area 125) went from 31 to 127.

Just in time for a crazy amount of point creep if this judgment is favorable for the defendant.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back