Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

It's hard to believe the prosecutor isn't embarrassed by her own comments.
Every time she opens her mouth the case for the defense seems to improve but juries are unpredictable.

Is this expected to be a friendly jury? I was warned to not use a jury for my trial as the local folks were definitely anti-access.
Seems like facts aren’t in much dispute and most of the defenses are legal/procedural so jury is probably not a big driver on this one.

Seems like facts aren’t in much dispute and most of the defenses are legal/procedural so jury is probably not a big driver on this one.
Interesting. I would think since facts aren't in dispute and it's really just a matter of interpretation and application of existing statute that the composition of the jury would be paramount.

Interesting. I would think since facts aren't in dispute and it's really just a matter of interpretation and application of existing statute that the composition of the jury would be paramount.
Jury determines facts, judge defines the law. The only times the jury helps in a “clear facts/fuzzy law” situation is jury nullification (which seems unlikely when you have out of state defendants) or via weird judgment due to jury confusion.

Jury determines facts, judge defines the law. The only times the jury helps in a “clear facts/fuzzy law” situation is jury nullification (which seems unlikely when you have out of state defendants) or via weird judgment due to jury confusion.
I was strongly advised by several knowledgeable people not to use a jury because they were landowner biased. Similarly, while the facts may be clear the application of the law doesn't appear to be.

I was strongly advised by several knowledgeable people not to use a jury because they were landowner biased. Similarly, while the facts may be clear the application of the law doesn't appear to be.
Lots of reason to go with bench trial, lots of reason to have jury. Who knows, in this case maybe they think the local jury pool hates billion owners more than NR hunters.

What I gather from this morning is that the sheriff (sergeant) who received the order to issue the citations, passed that order along to a deputy without ever having witnessed the alleged trespass or any evidence of the alleged trespass.

Lots of reason to go with bench trial, lots of reason to have jury. Who knows, in this case maybe they think the local jury pool hates billion owners more than NR hunters.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering with my question about the friendliness of the jury.

I tuned into the trail. Is the woman the prosecutor or defense attorney? It's kind of funny I can't tell by their question.

I believe there is a defense attorney that is female and the prosecuter is also a female. Prosecuter asked the question about why you call elk and could you call elk to another location.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering with my question about the friendliness of the jury.

I tuned into the trail. Is the woman the prosecutor or defense attorney? It's kind of funny I can't tell by their question.
Edit my previous comment, I believe the defense attorney who is a woman is Kayte Amesdownload.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the woman defense attorney did a great job; what was her name? Kinda fun to listen to this; it really seems like its going to be a "no brainer" decision for the jury. I mean come on, you touched my air space....GTFOOH

I assume they are on lunch break now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back