WYGF Commissioner removed by Gordon

Just curious, does a person have to enter the capital building to be an ‘insurrectionist’ or is being in DC enough? Or is attending a protest enough? How does this all work?
A person who in any way attached himself directly or indirectly to that goofy stolen election crap is at the very least pretty gawdam stupid. Attending a pointless and baseless "protest" to disrupt the legitimate constitutional transfer of power is looking for trouble. IF Schmidt went along with it, he had to have known there could be consequences. Given what was floating around on the internet at that time and given the president's track record for reckless misbehaviour, anyone with any degree of intelligence should have been able to foresee the "protest" could and almost assuredly would get ugly. You play with fire, you can get burned. IF that was the reason Schmidt was let go, I think that under the circumstances a private email was probably the best way to handle it ... for all concerned.

More journalism on the matter.

Well, obviously given the present combustible political environment, I would not expect the governor to attribute Schmidt's firing to his participation in events of Jan 6th. But I think we all know it factored greatly if not entirely in the decision. Put yourself in the governor's position. I don't see how he could just look the other way. Even a Republican governor would have trouble doing that at this juncture. Schmidt knowingly, albeit carelessly, put himself - and the governor - in this difficult situation. He knows why he was fired. He should just man up and shut up about it.

Last edited:
Looks to me like a well respected Game Commissioner fully qualified and respected got chopped because of his conservative beliefs and the Governor didn't have the gonads to tell him why face to face for political reasons.

I'll just say this in regard to my personal experience in matters like this...and I've found myself in Schmid's shoes in similar situations like this.

Anytime you're part of a committee, task force, or even a participant at a public hearing...there is an incredible amount of group-think, lets all go along to get along persuasion. Its almost laughable, and at the same time incredibly sad.

If you're the guy that speaks your mind, tells it like it is, it threatens others group-think beliefs. Its really something to see and I've yet to see it NOT happen, over and over and over again.

It finally reaches a point, when even though you're 100% correct and the facts prove that your dissenting opinion is right, others vilify you. They don't want to hear the truth, they all want to sing the same tune around their fairytale campfire.

The most ironic part of the whole thing, is that when these task forces, commission, committees, etc. are formed, they CLAIM they want a variety of points of view, opinions, and solutions.

Yet, the reality is, at the end of the day, its all hot air and BS...they want yes people to do their bidding.

Even more troubling, I've known really good people on these committees, commission, task forces, that really start out claiming they're going to take a stand, only to fall victim to the group think, go along to get along crowd. Fold like a cheap suit when it matters most...disappointing.

I'll just say this in regard to my personal experience in matters like this...and I've found myself in Schmid's shoes in similar situations like this.

Anytime you're part of a committee, task force, or even a participant at a public hearing...there is an incredible amount of group-think, lets all go along to get along persuasion. Its almost laughable, and at the same time incredibly sad.

If you're the guy that speaks your mind, tells it like it is, it threatens others group-think beliefs. Its really something to see and I've yet to see it NOT happen, over and over and over again.

It finally reaches a point, when even though you're 100% correct and the facts prove that your dissenting opinion is right, others vilify you. They don't want to hear the truth, they all want to sing the same tune around their fairytale campfire.

The most ironic part of the whole thing, is that when these task forces, commission, committees, etc. are formed, they CLAIM they want a variety of points of view, opinions, and solutions.

Yet, the reality is, at the end of the day, its all hot air and BS...they want yes people to do their bidding.

Even more troubling, I've known really good people on these committees, commission, task forces, that really start out claiming they're going to take a stand, only to fall victim to the group think, go along to get along crowd. Fold like a cheap suit when it matters most...disappointing.
1611855845232.png

Most people strive to avoid conflict and confrontations, even when they know it is the "right" thing to do/have. There's definitely some benefit to actually getting things done by agreeing, but there has to be BS caller in every committee/task force. I've found it's often how you conduct you BS calling that typically matters more than what the person is actually saying. @Ben Lamb is a very good example, he calls people out all the time but in such a damn nice way no one is ever pissed at him... well I was that one time, but I got over it ;)

Last edited:
A person who in any way attached himself directly or indirectly to that goofy stolen election crap is at the very least pretty gawdam stupid. Attending a pointless and baseless "protest" to disrupt the legitimate constitutional transfer of power is looking for trouble. IF Schmidt went along with it, he had to have known there could be consequences. Given what was floating around on the internet at that time and given the president's track record for reckless misbehaviour, anyone with any degree of intelligence should have been able to foresee the "protest" could and almost assuredly would get ugly. You play with fire, you can get burned. IF that was the reason Schmidt was let go, I think that under the circumstances a private email was probably the best way to handle it ... for all concerned.
Spoken like a true commie

Back