Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WY NR hunters...HB236

God speed Buzz!

I have read the proposal and I need to slow down and re-read it several more times. The language is so ambigous, you cannot take it at face value, because it doesn't come straight out and tell you the objective.

Now knowing the source of legislation, the end game comes into focus. I have nothing against guides and outfitters, but this proposal now deviates from being a funding mechanism and morphs into catering to a special interest. This would NOT raise the money the G&F needs, but yet you will not be able to repeal once implemented.

I'm glad I already put in for this year, I hope I draw it. In my home state of Wa it cost me almost 100 dollars as a resident just for my license, elk, deer, bear and cougar tags. Then it's another bunch of money for several different permits, 6.50 for each application (and there are too many to list) add your wife and kids in the mix- I spent over 500 on just my wife, daughter and I last year on licenses and special permit fee's. My point, be glad you don't live in Wa.

Guys---Please read the Bill closer! It is very confusing if you don;t read it closely to see those prices are tacked on to the other section prices. That $600 fee BuzzH mentioned is not the elk license, nor are the other two prices for antelope and deer in that first section with those prices. It is what is added on to the other section, which raises the regular fee for elk to $650, making the special draw for elk go up to $1250. Those two licenses will now include the fishing and small game licenses as a part of the price increase. The other bill that was nixed 8-1 was worded the same way.

Good info TG. Gald you were able to make sense of the information.

Looks reasonable to me. Seems like residents should go up an equal percentage though.

Says the Montana guy paying $16 for a res deer tag compared to my WY res at $38.
Says the Montana guy paying $20 for a res elk tag compared to my WY res at $52.

I didn't see MT raising anything on Res when they jacked up their NR prices awhile back.
I have spare change in my underwear that can buy a deer tag for you :D

Pretty sure most of the MT hunters here are more than receptive to bumping up the R prices.

Says the Montana guy paying $16 for a res deer tag compared to my WY res at $38.
Says the Montana guy paying $20 for a res elk tag compared to my WY res at $52.

I didn't see MT raising anything on Res when they jacked up their NR prices awhile back.
I have spare change in my underwear that can buy a deer tag for you :D

I would gladly pay quadruple what I pay now to hunt in MT, and a quick search on here would show that I've said that before. If they made the leftover deer and elk NR tags available for residents to buy, I'd shell out the money for a NR deer tag in a second.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sure you would as would most everybody else, but the fact remains that you pay half of what I do in your state and suggesting that I should have to pay more in my state because YOU think so is going to cause me to disagree.
In your world maybe everyone should pay the same prices, NR or Res?

What if I said I think you should have to pay $1000 for a resident bird license in MT, or $5,000,000 for a resident fishing license, that wouldn't be fair would it?

Ok, I'm sure you would as would most everybody else, but the fact remains that you pay half of what I do in your state and suggesting that I should have to pay more in my state because YOU think so is going to cause me to disagree.
In your world maybe everyone should pay the same prices, NR or Res?

What if I said I think you should have to pay $1000 for a resident bird license in MT, or $5,000,000 for a resident fishing license, that wouldn't be fair would it?

What, no. What are you even talking about?

I said nothing of NR and residents paying the same. I have no problem paying out of state fees outside of MT.

I think it's unfair that NR prices went up in MT without the residents' going up, and I think it'd be unfair if the same happened in Wyoming. In my mind I think it should be something like residents paying 15% of what NR's do.

What, no. What are you even talking about?

I said nothing of NR and residents paying the same. I have no problem paying out of state fees outside of MT.

I think it's unfair that NR prices went up in MT without the residents' going up, and I think it'd be unfair if the same happened in Wyoming. In my mind I think it should be something like residents paying 15% of what NR's do.

I disagree with all due respect. I don't think Res prices should be dictated at all by what NR have to pay.
What is recreation to a NR is "feeding the family" for a Resident, IMO

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back