WY Nonresident elk hunters???

I like the current setup, but would likely stick with it if the state mixed it up.

The later the WY application deadline then the more likely I have a nice tag or two in my pocket before the deadline so shift into "points only" mode. Not sure if that is good or bad for WY.

All in all, if F&G can use the extra months to better estimate herds and set appropriate quotas that are made public prior to the deadline then that is a good thing in my opinion.

I would more than likely apply every year or for sure buy a point every year. The only reason I could think of for not applying would be drawing a super primo hunt in another state first.

I would still apply, but I do like having Wyo. results early enough to make decisions about other states.

I would still apply, but I'm happy with any date and just grateful for the chance to hunt such an awesome place.

I'd still apply in Wy no matter when it was timed,but do like knowing if I drew by Feb like they have it now

I would apply regardless. However, I do like building my hunt plans for the year around wyoming. I like the later deer/antelope draw dates

I like it just the way it is , however I would still apply for elk at a later date. As many others have said the early draw date gives you time to plan for other hunts that year.

Same for me - like how it is, but would still apply. Maybe different strategy.

I would still be participating in the system, either by applying or buying a point. In the current schedule, I use Wyoming as one of my building blocks for my fall hunting schedule, given it is the first to inform non-residents of their drawing success. If the date was moved to later as is being asked, I would still apply or buy points, depending upon results I had from other states that conduct their draws earlier.

same. +1

Id rather have the application date later to see how my other draws went. It sure sucks when you double book some hunting dates, Id still apply for points or draw every year though

Seeing how some of us have to schedule our vacation in November the previous year, I sure like it where it is. That way I have all year to try and con some vacation out of a co worker if need be. Lol. What I don't like is idaho drawing tags right up to August 15 the day antelope start with other archery hunts. I would still put in no matter what the day is in hope's for a tag though.

Ill still buy point and try to get a good hunt out of there but if not Im good with the OTC units I hunt! Kinda getting over the whole points game seems like a scam, however Wyoming is the best system out there in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back