Caribou Gear Tarp

WY Nonresident elk hunters???

I love the early draw ! Then I can do deer/antelope as a backup if I dont draw elk. If they drew at the same time.....Wyoming wouldnt be getting as much of my money & I wouldnt have tags every yr for WY.

I'd like to see it moved later for more accurate counts and so I can quit forgetting about the early deadline and missing the app period. If it was in May, then I'd know my AZ results so I could plan accordingly.

What we need to do is keep screwing with things to the point that none of us give a damn about hunting any more, to benefit the few who bitch all the time.

DrH,

What if regulation isn't being followed? What if not "bitching all the time" means 300 Residents are sitting on the sidelines not hunting LQ elk this fall in Wyoming?

What if that "bitching all the time" produced an outcome of 300 happy Residents that now aren't going to be on the sidelines?

with all the tags a resident can get, the only reason to sit on the sidelines is because you choose to.

What we need to do is keep screwing with things to the point that none of us give a damn about hunting any more, to benefit the few who bitch all the time.

I think it all depends on how bad things are screwed up to begin with. Does it make sense to waste our wildlife managers time with unnecessary tasks. What about complying with the Administrative Procedures Act?

Last time I read statute, seasons and quotas required Commission approval, not simply an early elk drawing.

I like the timing of the current draw. I understand the residents being upset about tag allocations changing after the NR draw has occurred. I drew my first LQ tag this year after 6 years of applying as either a resident or NR. I would like it to stay the same, but I will attempt to draw Wyoming no matter the application dates

Wyoming is my go-to state, so in the current scenario I apply there first. If I don't draw then I'll try AZ, CO, or others. That is exactly what I'll be doing next year for elk. If WY becomes the last to put out results then it would reverse for me. Odds are I'd be hunting another state instead.

I love the early draw ! Then I can do deer/antelope as a backup if I dont draw elk. If they drew at the same time.....Wyoming wouldnt be getting as much of my money & I wouldnt have tags every yr for WY.

This is exactly what I think. I'll apply and figure things out no matter what they do.

I prefer the current date. Like others said some other state may have my money before the Wyoming draw if it is pushed back too far. I can only afford 1 hunt per year so its tough to put in for more than 1 drawing at a time unless they have a policy where you can turn back a tag in for a refund. I can afford 2 drawings at a time just can't afford 2 hunts.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back