WY area 75

jlmatthew

Anyone got any info to share on WY area 75? Wife & I got selected to hunt through a veterans org and just curious about the area and what to expect?

Yooper Bob

I hunted there last year and even with a severe drought saw a lot of nice bucks and killed my nicest buck so far. before that Ihunted with my friend who had a archery Bison tag in the Book Cliffs of Utah . Had a great hunt and he got his Bison on the 25 th of Aug. so I went up to Wy. and camped and scouted antelope until I got mine on the 19th of Sept. wonderfull time thats the way to live .

Mnbogboy

Anyone got any info to share on WY area 75? Wife & I got selected to hunt through a veterans org and just curious about the area and what to expect?
The year(2017) i retired i hunted 75 solo and had a blast. Ended up with a 77 inch on day 2. Saw several real nice bucks in the two days I hunted. There is a black top road that runs north from highway 20 the moneta lysite road with fairly easy access to blm and. I would go there again in a minute if i ever get enough points again to draw, took 5 or 6 then. I did get a super shock from an electric fence on that trip. After several days of heavy rain and a hailstorm that morning apparently a high line had fallen on the fence. I suffered a detached retina from the electric jolt and a bruised ego I should have known better. I killed the big buck the next day with my 6.5-06. With imparred vision(saw flashes when my head was turned to either side. Made for a long trip home. I camped in soshoni at an r.v. park behind the local motel. Lots of antelope a great hunt.

BrentD

I've hunted antelope does and mule deer there 2 of the previous three years. There are lots of antelope but we never saw any particularly good bucks. Lots of 12-14" ones though notably fewer last year. You will have fun and you will see plenty of animals.

Have a great trip!

88man

The year(2017) i retired i hunted 75 solo and had a blast. Ended up with a 77 inch on day 2. Saw several real nice bucks in the two days I hunted. There is a black top road that runs north from highway 20 the moneta lysite road with fairly easy access to blm and. I would go there again in a minute if i ever get enough points again to draw, took 5 or 6 then. I did get a super shock from an electric fence on that trip. After several days of heavy rain and a hailstorm that morning apparently a high line had fallen on the fence. I suffered a detached retina from the electric jolt and a bruised ego I should have known better. I killed the big buck the next day with my 6.5-06. With imparred vision(saw flashes when my head was turned to either side. Made for a long trip home. I camped in soshoni at an r.v. park behind the local motel. Lots of antelope a great hunt.
I was not lope hunting, but I drove that road many times last year and saw almost NO antelope. Years past I saw hundreds maybe thousands in the area. Things change.

shootbrownelk

Later in the season, like the middle of October the big antelope bucks magically appear. I saw some dandy antelope bucks up high...really up high, while Elk hunting there. They were in places you'd never expect to see antelope. The bigger bucks ain't dumb.

Fremont15

I drove through part of 75 on Thursday and saw a lot of antelope. They appeared to have wintered very well and looks like plenty of green grass. Should be a good year if you draw the tag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodmor80