WTF Montana. This is real?

Something about this article really strikes discord with me.

I find myself reacting in equal parts pity and disgust.

Pity, as I wonder if the author really believes that it takes staying in a $3,500 a night tree house and eating delicious foo, foo, food to experience the goodness of what Montana has to offer.

Disgust, as I realize the author is leveraging a price tag few (or even he) can afford to create an aurora of exclusivity that preys on peoples’ insecurities and dissatisfaction over their normal lives to make himself appear more privileged and experienced and as such someone whose experiences should be emulated if we want authenticity and satisfaction in life.

This poser will probably never know the satisfaction of waking up in a $40 tent after hearing four bulls bugling all night long. He won’t understand the satisfaction of dropping a painful pack on the tailgate with your buddies or sons or the camaraderie of ragging on the guy in front for his nasty mountain house flatulence.

He’s the poor man.3C987E91-2EFB-4BE6-9145-50A44E50A154.jpeg

The biggest problem I have with the whole thing is “haus”. People thinking that using weird/foreign words to describe things is cute/cleaver are idiots. This is America, it’s a house/room. It’s not Bavaria. The people that read it and say “awww how cute and cleaver to use haus” are dumber than the people naming it in the first place.

QUIT USING FAKE F^?€*’g TO DESCRIBE THINGS!

Carry on.
Glares in Midwestern

My wife and I passed through there last December. Hotels were high price/low value. Restaurant was the same. I have no need to ever return.
We've never been & thinking about it. Word of mouth is not favoring the trip.

Pity, as I wonder if the author really believes that it takes staying in a $3,500 a night tree house and eating delicious foo, foo, food to experience the goodness of what Montana has to offer.

Disgust, as I realize the author is leveraging a price tag few (or even he) can afford to create an aurora of exclusivity that preys on peoples’ insecurities and dissatisfaction over their normal lives to make himself appear more privileged and experienced and as such someone whose experiences should be emulated if we want authenticity and satisfaction in life.

This poser will probably never know the satisfaction of waking up in a $40 tent after hearing four bulls bugling all night long. He won’t understand the satisfaction of dropping a painful pack on the tailgate with your buddies or sons or the camaraderie of ragging on the guy in front for his nasty mountain house flatulence.

He’s the poor man.View attachment 244280
Personally, I love it that places like paws up exist. At a minimum it is one less person spending their time in places I want to be.

As foolish as I think his experience is, it upsets me far less than if he and his friends had backpacked into the same place I wanted to go glass for goats.

Personally, I love it that places like paws up exist. At a minimum it is one less person spending their time in places I want to be.

As foolish as I think his experience is, it upsets me far less than if he and his friends had backpacked into the same place I wanted to go glass for goats.
100%

+ I assume it's just a derivative of the same vacation he goes on.

Other than the scenery not a huge difference probably between his trip to the Maldives, Ibiza, etc... high thread count sheets, planned easy activities, same bottle of champagne

Just glad he's not trying to lease up elk spots or giving WOGA $ to close up DIY hunting.

He’s the poor man.View attachment 244280
Without a doubt that's the Hunter's looking at the critters on the property. The elk love this place and I've seen some whitetail bucks that aren't slouches either running across the fields. Watched a nice 6point bull on this place too. I would trade Neffa3's tragger fanger for a chance to hunt that place.😁

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back