WOW WYOMING LAND GRAB

What I am saying is, that if you have extra money to play real estate speculator, then you have extra money to give it back to your citizens and let them figure out how to create value for themselves.
Because citizens always make responsible monetary decisions? 😀 Once stuff goes downhill, people expect the government to save them. It must be “Idealistic Thursday”.

Do what you wish, but a little neighborly advice would be to spend the money on true economic development rather than doubling down on carbon extraction. The economic health of UT and CO seem a much better bet than WY over the coming decades.

Good, move to Utah or Colorado...be right up your alley, and you'll be surrounded by several million people you can give neighborly advice to.

I like living in a State that has more pronghorn than people...they make better neighbors, plus they're not nearly as obnoxious as most people and mind their business.

Last edited:
Because citizens always make responsible monetary decisions? 😀 Once stuff goes downhill, people expect the government to save them. It must be “Idealistic Thursday”.
I trust the wisdom of crowds over the wisdom of bureaucrats. I want the people creating value and the government providing a safety net - simple division of labor.

Man would that be a sweet deal for Wyoming.

Make money off CO and UT wildlife...maybe even a Wyoming Residents only raffle for RFW/CWMU tags.
Am I missing something or would WY not have to convince CO and UT to allow that? I guess they’d have a chance at leverage. If it was “private” land, because it was owned by WY, then WY could sort of do their own thing on that. Then again, would CO and UT have to call it private? They don’t call federal land private. If they considered it “public”, then WY would have no say on the hunting front. Correct?

Am I missing something or would WY not have to convince CO and UT to allow that? I guess they’d have a chance at leverage. If it was “private” land, because it was owned by WY, then WY could sort of do their own thing on that. Then again, would CO and UT have to call it private? They don’t call federal land private. If they considered it “public”, then WY would have no say on the hunting front. Correct?
No, this is private land being sold to a state. In CO the WY land board could apply for landowner vouchers for the unit or units they hold lands in and then sell the vouchers to the highest bidder.

I trust the wisdom of crowds over the wisdom of bureaucrats. I want the people creating value and the government providing a safety net - simple division of labor.
There is no wisdom of crowds. It’s BS. If WY gave everyone in the state $5000 and depleted the whole fund it wouldn’t make any difference to the WY economy. Half would piss it away and half would put it in the bank and none of it would matter. An argument can be made that the purchase is a bad economic idea, but arguing the money would be better given to the citizens doesn’t hold water, other than it makes the citizens happier. And the checks are exactly equal in amount so happiness is proportional.

As has been stated, it all depends on the price paid and the future price of the commodities underneath. Raw land is a terrible investment.

There is no wisdom of crowds. It’s BS. If WY gave everyone in the state $5000 and depleted the whole fund it wouldn’t make any difference to the WY economy. Half would piss it away and half would put it in the bank and none of it would matter.

*cough* Alaska *cough*

There is no wisdom of crowds. It’s BS. If WY gave everyone in the state $5000 and depleted the whole fund it wouldn’t make any difference to the WY economy. Half would piss it away and half would put it in the bank and none of it would matter. An argument can be made that the purchase is a bad economic idea, but arguing the money would be better given to the citizens doesn’t hold water, other than it makes the citizens happier. And the checks are exactly equal in amount so happiness is proportional.
So much for the concept of individual liberty.

1582249539316.png

So much for the concept of individual liberty.
I mean... but isn’t your argument the same one used against Roosevelt when he created the national forests, and when wilderness areas were created.

Back