Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WOW WYOMING LAND GRAB

Basically the entire west funds schools as a business, they own an asset (land) and lease it out for private use or sell off the extractable resources from it, or in the case of some, flat out sell the asset.

Would you prefer to see NY level income tax?

A) That’s not the only alternative.

B) When the state land boards in these states were established, were they supposed to manage the lands they were given to pay for the schools, or were they supposed to buy and sell land as well?

I'd rather Wyoming commit that same amount of money that MN just blew on something that is tangible, something that has the ability to increase public access, AND provide revenue to the state trust into perpetuity.

That's called a win-win-win...

I am not going to defend MN tax and spend addiction, but in this case, I would rather the government spend down a pool of the people’s money rather than raise even more taxes. Government performs an indispensable purpose for which I am willing to pay my fair share. But once we agree on the cost of those services I do not want government to then build surpluses and find new ways to spend (or invest) those surpluses. The people and markets (even with their shortcomings and hiccups) will do better in creating perpetual well being than bureaucrats.

As a WY resident, I like the idea of the state buying more land, mainly for selfish reasons. Access to those checkerboard lands would be awesome. Admittedly my knowledge of investment and such is quite limited, but this seems like a good idea to me.

I am not going to defend MN tax and spend addiction, but in this case, I would rather the government spend down a pool of the people’s money rather than raise even more taxes. Government performs an indispensable purpose for which I am willing to pay my fair share. But once we agree on the cost of those services I do not want government to then build surpluses and find new ways to spend (or invest) those surpluses. The people and markets (even with their shortcomings and hiccups) will do better in creating perpetual well being than bureaucrats.

I'd rather my state invest surplus funds so we don't saddle our Residents with a state income tax...

Tough to raise taxes when there isn't one to raise, and we keep more money in our pockets.

Win-win...

Damn Buzz! When did you finally turn into a conservative?
When haven't I been a fiscal conservative?...you need to pay more attention.

Part of that is investing and spending money on things that ensure our future...running a country, a state, a county, a city costs money and I'm all about spending to do so.

Maybe something along the lines of Colin Powell: "Powell has often defined himself as "a fiscal conservative and a social liberal,"

Natural resource extraction based states experience big boom and bust swings in state surpluses. They (WY) are obviously on a boom cycle for state coffers, and looking for a down the road investment strategy. In my mind the big question is "is this a GOOD fiscal investment for returns?" rather than worrying about if this is something the government should be doing. As long as they're not illegally investing/speculating, I don't really care. This has the nice ancillary benefit to hunters as well.

I couldn't disagree more with the concept that the federal government should have any say and/or leverage into state hunting seasons that may take part entirely or partially on federally owned lands, unless it is to further restrict seasons in accordance with management goals. Certainly not for tag allocation purposes.

No, just don’t typically see “social liberals“ touting regressive taxes ;)
I typically don't see social liberals from Wyoming...................................................

telling people from Minnesota what they should and shouldn't do with their money. ;)
If Wyoming wants to blow it on a bender, ITS THEIR MONEY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back