NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Worthwhile Western Game Publications

tomengineer

Hello,

As I go through the yearly point buy and see various state fish and game magazine subscriptions offered I was wondering if anyone has found these to be worthwhile purchases. I'm also wondering if there are any conservation organizations such as RMEF that put out magazines or other publications with good content. I'm both wanting to support the right groups and learn as much as I can.

Thanks,
Tom

If you become a Rmef member they have a magazine they produce every 2 months called the bugle. It’s has some good stories and tips. I enjoy it.

All of the Big ones are excellent; Duck Unlimited prints a great magazine for members, RMEF's Bugle Magazine is like a book, full of great reading, Pheasants Forever, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.....all dynamite magazines for members. Montana Outdoors is super cheap, and one of the best Agency Mags out there, ND Outdoors is good. As a life-long Printer, I look forward to each of these arriving at my door, and love to hear that people still get excited about print.

Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, Eastman's, Western Hunter.......there is more to read than most people have time for, well.......at least in pre-virus days!

It's important to note that most of these no longer are printed monthly, usually bi-monthly, so subscribing or joining more than one will keep you reading, learning, and most importantly, supporting conservation.

All of the Big ones are excellent; Duck Unlimited prints a great magazine for members, RMEF's Bugle Magazine is like a book, full of great reading, Pheasants Forever, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.....all dynamite magazines for members. Montana Outdoors is super cheap, and one of the best Agency Mags out there, ND Outdoors is good. As a life-long Printer, I look forward to each of these arriving at my door, and love to hear that people still get excited about print.

Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, Eastman's, Western Hunter.......there is more to read than most people have time for, well.......at least in pre-virus days!

It's important to note that most of these no longer are printed monthly, usually bi-monthly, so subscribing or joining more than one will keep you reading, learning, and most importantly, supporting conservation.
Ok great thanks. Montana was actually the state that made me ask the question as I saw their various publications.

RMEF & Wild Sheep Foundation or WSF both do more for conservation. They both produce high quality magazines. I’m a member of both.

My favorites for both adventure and educational learning include Western Hunter and Bugle . Great stories, helpful information, wonderful photos and - short of talking to good friends about elk hunting adventures - the next best thing to actually being there. Hope this helps...

If you become a Rmef member they have a magazine they produce every 2 months called the bugle. It’s has some good stories and tips. I enjoy it.
I used to get the Bugle magazine a few years ago. I liked a lot of the photography but I got really tired of the "be one with nature and the elk" articles.

My favorites for both adventure and educational learning include Western Hunter and Bugle . Great stories, helpful information, wonderful photos and - short of talking to good friends about elk hunting adventures - the next best thing to actually being there. Hope this helps...
It does help. Thanks for your response.

Wyoming Wildlife magazine is great. Wyoming Wild Sheep foundation also puts out a good little publication.

One of my favorite magazines Huntin' Fool not only because of the great articles and hunting stories, but it also provides details to the draw fro all states and every animal.

It really depends what you are looking for. RMEF, BHA, etc are more geared towards conservation. If you want to read about hunting stories publications like Eastmans and Epic Outdoors may be for you. I got tired of reading about hunting stories. The more I read the more they were all the same. All start with a great tag, then some kind of life tragedy strikes, kill a book animal, and then thank you to the most understanding wife in the world. Rinse and Repeat.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back