Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fixing Western Hunting

Yeah that one was really started in good faith šŸ˜†.

@rjthehunter: ā€œIf states keep shitting on Non-Residents, why would non residents help where possible?ā€
Let's say a state limits non resident hunting to once every 6 or 7 years. What do you think will happen to NR involvement in conservation and access issues in that state?

I have a pretty good guess.

Let's say a state limits non resident hunting to once every 6 or 7 years. What do you think will happen to NR involvement in conservation and access issues in that state?

I have a pretty good guess.
I think buzz has pointed you into a direction where you can hunt elk every fā€™n year. Bring on the end of Colorado otc elk. That needs to happen asap.

Get rid of the outfitters
I think this view point i have wined about numerous times has some validity. They are the people who are truely devaluing the average hunter (both R&NR), there is reasons why they fight to get legislation passed are organized and funded to do such.

Iā€™m maybe a little late to this thread(party) but I see some value to it. The main value I see, and thanks to the OP, is that there is some thought to having a productive discussion to fixing a problem either real or perceived.

Hereā€™s a wild thought. How about we start with quit doing marketing campaigns and how to video to the 10s, no 100s of thousands of people first. Then we pull back on some Technology like muzzle loaders that can shoot 600 yards.. you know, actually make them primitive in every western state. Also long range shooting tech, which I partake in with many shots over 600 yards. Why donā€™t we start with these before limiting the people who have been hunting for the right reasons for decades? Hunting is suppose to be difficult, not just the stalk and pull of the trigger or release of the arrow, but the entire process of finding where to go.
I think we are already starting to implement those ideas in various western states..scopes on MZ rifles being a good example. And the increased vocalizations around the long range hunting topic. If you spend anytime reading those threads you will find they all end up devolving into fighting and name calling too. To me one of the main issues with all of social media is too many of us lack the clarity to avoid demonizing those with whom we disagree. So then the solutions come down to almost throwing out the baby with the bath water just to spite them, crazy illogical arguments and solutions and the like. Too your point though, any big picture view of how to solve the miriad of issues surrounding western big game hunting needs to include some real honest soul searching, discussion and innovation of ideas.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back