Wordle

Max streak is now my current streak. Which should actually be doubled in length except for the time zone trip up 84 days ago. Still a little salty about that one.

New York Times messes up my streak again.

I solved todays word in three, and after Mrs kansasdad did hers in three I went to show her how I went about getting the word, only to find a blank board, as if I’d never solved the word. I turned my iPad off, rebooted and went to Wordle again, to see a blank board. I played my three words expecting to see my streak of 149 on settings, instead to find a streak of one with max streak at 148.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Today marks 365 Wordle words attempted on my iPad. I know I did a few on a laptop before I switched over to the iPad. Having my “streak” messed with a couple of times, (thanks New York Times!) I‘m ok with the 99% success rate over the year. Fewer and fewer “phew“ results and more impressive‘s of late. And it does seem to take less time to get to the correct word. Practice makes more perfect-er.

You've all wordled.....but have you QUORDLED!? Husband unit and I were getting really competitive last year with our quordling....

12 days later, same thing happens and my “streak” restarts today. Texted the wife of my success at 6:30 this morning, pull it up to show her my “phew” and discover that Wordle doesn’t have the game recorded, and restarts the streak at 1 with a solve.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I got it in 4 but it took all stinkin' day.
So weird how some words are like that. I’ll stare at the screen and puzzle over it and have to come back to it throughout the day. Then sometimes, I’ll solve the thing in 30 seconds. Kiosk was like that. Got it in three in rapid succession.

The worst ever was “coyly.” Almost thought about quitting with that one.

I take it back. Today’s word was the dumbest of all time. First time in a long time I failed Wordle.
You are not alone. Just too many words that coulda/shoulda been the one. I hate those. It's just luck.

That said, I recently heard an interview of the woman that does Worlde for NYT. She actually likes such words and thinks they are an important part of the game. She also said there was one exceptionally tough one for February. I'm hoping it was kiosk, but I'll never know. Today, beat me, but not because it was hard.

Wordle 613 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member