PEAX Equipment

Wolves Kill Prized Horse

Colorado is gonna be voting on wolf reintroduction this year. Definitely an issue relevant to current events. There have been confirmed sightings (confirmed by CPW) of wolves in North West Colorado.

A) Seems like we don't need to reintroduce them if they are already coming. B) Be it horses, cattle, pigs, sheep, elk, deer or even people; is anyone really safe with wolves around?

Our governor calls them "our canine friends" Perhaps deep down they are just looking for love?

The truths, per Colorado Rocky Mountain Wolf Project

Wolves also naturally limit the spread of disease, such as Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)
Seeing as the forced reintroduction of wolves will naturally limit the spread of CWD... What's not to love about those cute doggies?

There has never been a wolf attack on any camper while hiking in a national park.

Oops... "While hiking". Guess they were not, "hiking" when the family was attacked while "camping" in a National Park...

In the last 100 years, no wild wolves have killed humans.
Hmmm... I mean really! Who defines the word, "wild" after all!
One quick google example;

Their assessment of current grass and other vegetation;
Even the grasses and other vegetation don't grow as well.
When the prey run from the wolves, their hooves aerate the soil. The soil then retains water better and the grasses grow stronger and taller.
Oh, how... Peachy! The hoof prints of elk being chased by wolves create grasses stronger and taller! My, my!

*And to think of all the stronger and taller grass I grew in Montana busting out those deer and elk when hunting!

There's no need for ranchers to fear wolves. They are not evil animals with unbridled appetites.
No?

But hey, the tree that grows socialized, "free for all" $$$ will accommodate the ranchers losses... Remember, you must bang your pots and pans real loud if a pack of wolves are tearing apart a cow, or few.
The state would provide fair compensation for verified wolf-related livestock losses. Ranchers and woolgrowers are also allowed to use non-lethal tactics to deter wolves.

Wow! The Colorado population is in good, "honest" hands by the organization who brought this fine ballot to the people...

Good luck to my brother (Colorado resident outdoors enthusiast) and my good friends of the once great State.

Colorado is gonna be voting on wolf reintroduction this year. Definitely an issue relevant to current events. There have been confirmed sightings (confirmed by CPW) of wolves in North West Colorado.

A) Seems like we don't need to reintroduce them if they are already coming. B) Be it horses, cattle, pigs, sheep, elk, deer or even people; is anyone really safe with wolves around?

Our governor calls them "our canine friends" Perhaps deep down they are just looking for love?
+1
c.png

Happened in 2011. I don't remember if it was a "confirmed" wolf kill or not. mtmuley

If you notice, the main supporters of wolf introduction are liberals who live relatively safely from them in the inner cities. There is very little support for wolf introduction out of the big population centers. And none that are writing the legislation know anything about wolves or the true stats related to them.

If you notice, the main supporters of wolf introduction are liberals who live relatively safely from them in the inner cities. There is very little support for wolf introduction out of the big population centers. And none that are writing the legislation know anything about wolves or the true stats related to them.
Wrong. Just wrong.

Meanwhile, I wonder if that horse had been killed by a black bear or a mountain lion or a pack of coyotes or even a neighboring rancher, would the story have received anywhere near the notoriety that has? Would this thread even exist?

I seriously doubt it.

Death of anything by wolf is far more tragic that all other forms of death combined.

Never mind.

Reactions: Hem
But hey, the tree that grows socialized, "free for all" $$$ will accommodate the ranchers losses... Remember, you must bang your pots and pans real loud if a pack of wolves are tearing apart a cow, or few.

You realize that deaths to livestock by ALL predators in Wyoming is minsular compared to other types of death?
Death loss in Wyoming 2015

Death loss in cattle from non-predator related causes was responsible for 98 percent of adult cattle deaths and 89 percent of calf deaths, according to the report.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back