Wine whine

I am surprised none of you guys that like to buy your wine based off the label, have mention this one yet. Put this one in your wife's stocking @neffa3 and see what happens!
View attachment 253393

thing is we're not even reading the labels. it's like mating birds, we're just looking for flashy shit that catches the eye.

a wine label with only words? i'll never even notice it's there. definitely not getting bought.

thing is we're not even reading the labels. it's like mating birds, we're just looking for flashy shit that catches the eye.

a wine label with only words? i'll never even notice it's there. definitely not getting bought.
I'm starting to understand how you guys pick your stocks now......

@jryoung here is that wine I was given. Fancy stuff based on my Google searches.

View attachment 253401

Damn, great Napa monarchs there. That Spottswood received 100 points from both Jeb Dunneck and Robert Parker.....remember what I said earlier about points? Grain of salt, but that wine should be incredible. Drink both of those with your favorite steak.

I don’t care much for it, Catherine is quite the critic. Believe it or not South Africa had some great wines, she’s been ordering some from there since we got home. The beer there is just ok and they don’t know how to make coffee!
Probably because they grow Tea there. My Uncle emigrated there for about 20 years, until the violence hit too close to home. I'm Mad that i never gotto go there to visit when he had his farm there.

Damn, great Napa monarchs there. That Spottswood received 100 points from both Jeb Dunneck and Robert Parker.....remember what I said earlier about points? Grain of salt, but that wine should be incredible. Drink both of those with your favorite steak.

Good to know. Pretty sure the guy that gave them to me spends high 5 figures a year on wine.

I just put 4 of them in the freezer last weekend. But my MIL’s maiden name is Speropolus if that is any indication.
You haven't lived until you have had sheep's head ala Basque. I will never forget walking into my aunt's kitchen and seeing a whole sheep's head laying on the counter. She married a Spanish Basque immigrant and he had invited friends from the old country to dinner.

I know very little about wine, but my cousin owns this place. I've tried a few bottles, seems ok.

Yakima Valley is a great place to grow wine grapes.

A guy in Hamilton started Blodgett Canyon Cellars. He would buy grapes from Washington, haul them home and make wine in his basement. He made really good wine, but it was expensive. I hung some drywall in his "Cellar" and made some store display racks in trade for wine. Like most hobbies that turn into a business, it turned into work, and he sold the business several years ago.

Not sure who owns it now.

Back