Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Will the Presidents Actions lead to hard lines being drawn by hunters?

How many of you listened to the episode 53 of the Meateater podcast recently. Some really interesting point re: how our elected officials (amplified by the parties/media) misrepresent the opinions of the American people they supposedly represent.

dannybe278.
Dannybe278!

I totally disagree with your premise that you did not have the balls to back a candidate and then be critical of the winner in the first week. He won, give him a chance.

I hated the women's march. But if you voted, I have total respect for women the protested. Do not agree. but you have the right to do so.

To sit on the side lines and then complain is total BULLSHIT.

Again, not voting for Trump or Clinton wasn't "sitting on the lines", they simply were not the two I voted for. I have given Trump all the chance he well get from me. His actions in the this week are enough. Not sure why that is so hard for you to grasp. Also, please resist the temptation to talk about my balls. As I explain to my 3 year old boy, those are "private"

Last edited:
How many of you listened to the episode 53 of the Meateater podcast recently. Some really interesting point re: how our elected officials (amplified by the parties/media) misrepresent the opinions of the American people they supposedly represent.

I had Greg over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and we were suppose to go hunting today but apparently he's trying to get his PhD. It's super fun to talk with him about this stuff, he only touched the surface in the podcast.

This election more than any I have seen people tear each other apart, friends, family, coworkers you name it. Were the candidates bad? Depends on who you ask. My take on this whole ordeal is we are more divided now than before and personally I think that defeats the purpose of an election and what we stand for as a country. Yes people have differences yes some of our ethical ideals differ but to tear down your neighbor or friend because they believe different than you? Social media this past week and even since the election has been filled with so much hate its embarrassing to actually see.

Republicans say democrats need to suck it up and stop protesting because they had to when Obama won and they didn't riot or protest. Well people protested then too and rioted. What I hate seeing more than anything else is people saying we won you lost. This isn't a competition we are all on the same team. Use what ever analogy you want we just changed quarterbacks or starting pitchers we still have to finish the game.

When we are as divided as we are as a country things do not get done. What one group did the past 8 years is getting unraveled right away. And if Trump doesn't win the next election will everything he has done be unraveled too? A complete waste of time if you ask me. There has to be compromises somewhere and to actually get things done. Go in with an open mind to actually solve problems and hear out the other side and find a solution that works best for everyone.

That is my rant for the day

Jamen

The man in charge right now is doing his best to widen that gap.

I will say this, my spirits are greatly buoyed by the number of people on this forum that actually can critically think. If you are someone that sees no issue with anything Trump has done....I don't know what to say to you.

The way I see it, there are some people that are sooooo hardcore about having no limits on our 2nd amendment right that they are good with an apparent attempt to greatly infringe on our 1st. There's a reason the founding fathers put the 1st as the Freedom of Speech. They are both extremely important. I don't want limits on my or anyone else's Freedom of Speech other than libel and slander and inciting violence. There are more limits I am okay on with the 2nd. Certain people should't be able to own guns. Anyone needs to be able to have the freedom to say what they want to. A felon can't own a gun, but he can disagree with that and say so. And I'm good with that.

I had Greg over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and we were suppose to go hunting today but apparently he's trying to get his PhD. It's super fun to talk with him about this stuff, he only touched the surface in the podcast.

I really liked the information on the Unipolar vs Bipolar distribution of political opinions in America, restored some faith.... It was heartening to hear that this apparent huge chasms between Americans is largely fictional, and only really exists between the parties/politicians and their corresponding media mouthpieces.

I really liked the information on the Unipolar vs Bipolar distribution of political opinions in America, restored some faith.... It was heartening to hear that this apparent huge chasms between Americans is largely fictional, and only really exists between the parties/politicians and their corresponding media mouthpieces.

That was a excellent podcast, and a excellent point.

Say what you want about the Bern but I really do enjoy watching him put these nominees on the hot seat and watch them dance around real questions. I didn't agree with a lot of things we was going to try and do as president but the guy truly does care about the betterment of people IMO.

Say what you want about the Bern but I really do enjoy watching him put these nominees on the hot seat and watch them dance around real questions. I didn't agree with a lot of things we was going to try and do as president but the guy truly does care about the betterment of people IMO.

It is interesting once you start looking at someone's actions and comments as to whether they care about ideology or care about people.

When the appointee process ends and we migrate to legislation, I expect more of the same strategy by hunting groups and hunters. Hunting groups have built relationships with people who might be the last line of defense on public lands, clean air, clean water. Those will be invaluable when the attacks come on clean air and clean water. And they will come, as certain as the sun sets this afternoon.

Those attacks are here. An EPA grant freeze eliminates large and critical amounts of funding to Departments of Enviornmental Quality across the county. Contracts for mine and industrial cleanup are on hold. Conservation Districts across rural Montana are in limbo with their work and jobs. Hiring freezes effect our ability to fight fire.

One week in.

Those attacks are here. An EPA grant freeze eliminates large and critical amounts of funding to Departments of Enviornmental Quality across the county. Contracts for mine and industrial cleanup are on hold. Conservation Districts across rural Montana are in limbo with their work and jobs. Hiring freezes effect our ability to fight fire.

One week in.

National Park Service needs to be hiring / recruiting Thousands of seasonal workers right now for the busy summer season.

They are under a hiring freeze.

Prepare for Trump to say "our National Parks are a mess this summer, we need to privatize our National Parks".

If your only concern with Trump is public lands, you might be a very selfish person.

Hmm, I think that describes a very high percentage here.

Jimmy Riley said:
I think you want my hope for Trump to be proven wrong. Am I wrong?

You've never become a liberal because you, as a conservative, have never gotten everything you want. You don't know what it's like to live in a world where conservatives get everything they want. I think you are about to get it.

I'm hoping not, but I think I'm fixing to be proved wrong about Trump.

Time to head over to the Pearl Street mall and upgrade your crystal ball.

Time to head over to the Pearl Street mall and upgrade your crystal ball.

Okay, I didn't know you wanted Trump to turn out to be a Trojan Horse liberal.

P.S. While driving to town I thought about how we may be talking past each other. My estimate of Trump was obviously based on wishes (thin reed), not prognostication (crystal ball). Whereas my estimate of you was based on prognostication, not wishes. When you said I needed to upgrade my crystal ball that would call for my re-estimation of your being a conservative. Clearly my crystal ball is perfect.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I heard Trump say he wants three times as many ICE agents as we currently have. Does that mean the hiring freeze is over? Am I the only one that thinks he is trying to have it both ways? Do his supporters see that he is contradicting himself? And about that deficit thing that used to be so bad...

He's going to spend money for things that are needed and cutting back on spending on things that aren't needed. Pretty simple. We need to get the illegal immigration problem under control, and that's one of the big issues that got him elected.

I'm pretty sure I heard Trump say he wants three times as many ICE agents as we currently have. Does that mean the hiring freeze is over? Am I the only one that thinks he is trying to have it both ways? Do his supporters see that he is contradicting himself? And about that deficit thing that used to be so bad...
Hiring freeze is still in place. Positions deemed to be part of public safety and national security, may be exempted from the freeze.

I believe those hard lines have already been sketched out.

Jose I don't like the nickname over the Hillary I much prefer Hildabeast :)

"Obummer". "Barry". "Over-the-Hillary"

What is the point of not being able to refer to those two individuals by their actual name?

It definitely identifies you as someone who relies on alt-right racist sources for your #FakeNews.

That's MY opinion of them. I don't care what you think. I see you didn't say I was wrong about them being more than willing to disarm us, given the chance.

That's MY opinion of them. I don't care what you think. I see you didn't say I was wrong about them being more than willing to disarm us, given the chance.

Funny how the right-wingers are incapable of having a conversation without resorting to throwing out insults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back