Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

So you can “cut” deals? Assuming you have the ability to cut deals, you would intentionally use that ability to arbitrarily make it 90/10 based on your feelings towards an anonymous person? Why are you always such a wiener?
Wouldn't take many residents, of which I am one, to throw some support for outfitter sponsored NR tags in exchange for 90-10 to make it happen. I'm still not convinced it won't/can't happen.

If you're going to bother to type something, how about a few emails to the task force?

Probably better that than pissing off residents.

I sent emails a couple days ago and just submitted my comments. It felt a little strange commenting on some of the things being proposed as individual issues when they are all connected.

Thank you to the Wyoming residents sticking their neck out for wildlife and regular, diy hunters of all stripes.

So you can “cut” deals? Assuming you have the ability to cut deals, you would intentionally use that ability to arbitrarily make it 90/10 based on your feelings towards an anonymous person? Why are you always such a wiener?
WTH? You may not like the way Buzz puts things ( I do ) but of anyone on this forum that does an absolute ton of work for public land and even NR hunters I take offense at the stupid crap like this being directed at Buzz. You may want to do a background check on who it is your mouthing off to.

Not that you need it, but thanks for all you are doing on this Buzz and thanks for all the contact info to get our point of view heard.

I sent emails a couple days ago and just submitted my comments. It felt a little strange commenting on some of the things being proposed as individual issues when they are all connected.

Thank you to the Wyoming residents sticking their neck out for wildlife and regular, diy hunters of all stripes.
They may try to "package" a couple that think are more favorable and drop the rest...that task force is all over the map.

The SD/HD and waiting period piece is interesting. I kind of feel like it’s going to end up leading to resident DEA points in about 5 years when people still don’t draw a premium tag. I could be wrong.
I had the same thought I don't like it. random is the best option just leave it as is. It makes you wounder how many of the SD unit become HD units when all those people forced to set out apply for the SD unit for 3 years.

Last edited:

I had the same thought I don't like it. random is the best option just leave it as is. It makes you wonder how many of the SD unit become HD units when all those people be forced to set out apply for the SD unit for 3 years.
Or what happens if/when the odds of drawing a HD area increase above 30%? Maybe they never will. Seems to be unnessarily complicated though.

I’ll do the comments later tonight.

Actions based on vindication or punitive repercussions have little place in a public trust.

Thank you to all who are working tirelessly on this. If you reflect on yourself and find you do more complaining than advocating, step up to the plate and change that.

Comments submitted on the Task Force questions.

I have only received two emails back from all of the Task Force members I emailed a few days ago. Hopefully they will do a better job of reviewing the comments from the form questions.

Now moose and sheep point usage is up for comment as of today, but it looks like it was already voted on and recommended? I still submitted comments.

Now moose and sheep point usage is up for comment as of today, but it looks like it was already voted on and recommended? I still submitted comments.

These are comments to the WGFD, not the task force.

Get your comments in if you want or don't want preference points turned into squared bonus points.

30% draw odds as high demand is interesting to me. I’d think of 30% being great draw odds and certainly not high demand
I did some statistics on it the other day. It really only seemed to "help" draw odds with units that were in the 10-30% draw range with a decent amount of tags ~100-150, with a smaller historic applicant pool, <500 applicants. Maybe @wllm can help me out with a sweet spreadsheet to illustrate!

I've thought about it for the last two weeks since it was brought up at the June meeting and don't think I support it. For super hard to draw units, say 128 deer, it basically does nothing to the odds. I'd prefer the status quo option, our draw seems just fine as it is now in this regard.

Sent!!! Thanks to those who got the ball rolling for the rest of us. It would also be a good idea to share this with all your Wyoming business friends that would be affected. Motels, restaurants, etc... Good for the Task Force to get input from that perspective as well.

I figured this was coming. Otherwise only the top point holders had much of a reason to buy points

I figured this was coming. Otherwise only the top point holders had much of a reason to buy points
Keep the current preference point system split tags 50-50 random/preference points is what I recommended in person and through the current comment section.

Gives random guys a bit more to work with while also keeping those with a long time to apply and or a lot of points in the running for a preference tag.

Straight random and they’ll start getting my money. Any form of preference points or bonus points that are squared and I’ll continue to be only an observer to those draws.
Then plan on not applying.

If more tags were issued in the random side, you have a decent chance every year.

I drew a 1:130 odds moose tag in the random this year.

Then plan on not applying.

If more tags were issued in the random side, you have a decent chance every year.

I drew a 1:130 odds moose tag in the random this year.
Damn your lucky! I think I support the squared bonus point systems. Keeps lots of people spending their money on points but still gives people a shot in the random. If they go split random/preference, I don’t think they would sell many points would they? I’m good with whatever as long as there are a couple random tags to apply for.

Back