Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

I received an email today from SNS Outfitters asking me to email the members of the Task Force.

The recommended talking points:

Below are some talking points for you to use when emailing the task force members:
  • I want to book with my outfitter to hunt more often in Wyoming, rather than waiting for many years to draw a license.
  • I would choose to hunt Wyoming before any other state if licenses were more available to the outfitted client.
  • I want to support Wyoming’s economy by hunting with my professional outfitter.
  • I prefer to book with my outfitter to ensure my safety and a high-quality hunting experience.
  • I want the opportunity to come back with the professional outfitter that I have established a relationship with.

At todays meeting some TF members wanted to take a straw poll of the various Compromise components. Sy stated that he wanted to wait since WYOGA hadn't had time to get input from people that use outfitters and that the comment so far were dominated by the DIY guys. He was largely told too bad, thats on WYOGA. Hence, he got off his butt and sent out the poll questions.

Todays TF meeting should be required viewing for all people that want leadership positions. Complete failure often teaches the best lessons.

I received read a email Hunt Talk post today from SNS Outfitters somebody who is starting to dislike some outfitters more and more all the time, asking me to email the members of the Task Force.

The recommended talking points:
Below are some talking points for you to use when emailing the task force members
  • I hunt in Wyoming whenever I can draw a license. I don't hire an outfitter, but I spend a significant amount of my money on gas, food, hotels, restaurants, etc. I would likely not spend my money in Wyoming if the applications prices continued to go up and the drawing odds continue to go down or are allocated only to those wishing to use an outfitter.
  • If the allocation of licenses are set aside for outfitters, and significantly lowering the odds of drawing a license to do my own hunting, there is a high chance that I would pick another state, such as Idaho to start sending my money to.
  • I want to support Wyoming’s economy by hunting, regularly spending money with Wyoming Game & Fish, local grocery stores, gas stations, hotels, etc.
  • I prefer to hunt DIY, as I enjoy the challenging and rewarding activity of "hunting" and all that goes along with it, as opposed to a pampered vacation where I have somebody help me kill something.
  • I want the opportunity to continue to have relatively decent chances at the pool of Wyoming's non-resident license quotas, so I will apply annually. I don't play the lottery, and if the odds of NR DIY hunting licenses get too slim, chances are my dollars will no longer be spent in Wyoming.

Below are some talking points for you to use when emailing the task force members
  • I hunt in Wyoming whenever I can draw a license. I don't hire an outfitter, but I spend a significant amount of my money on gas, food, hotels, restaurants, etc. I would likely not spend my money in Wyoming if the applications prices continued to go up and the drawing odds continue to go down or are allocated only to those wishing to use an outfitter.
  • If the allocation of licenses are set aside for outfitters, and significantly lowering the odds of drawing a license to do my own hunting, there is a high chance that I would pick another state, such as Idaho to start sending my money to.
  • I want to support Wyoming’s economy by hunting, regularly spending money with Wyoming Game & Fish, local grocery stores, gas stations, hotels, etc.
  • I prefer to hunt DIY, as I enjoy the challenging and rewarding activity of "hunting" and all that goes along with it, as opposed to a pampered vacation where I have somebody help me kill something.
  • I want the opportunity to continue to have relatively decent chances at the pool of Wyoming's non-resident license quotas, so I will apply annually. I don't play the lottery, and if the odds of NR DIY hunting licenses get too slim, chances are my dollars will no longer be spent in Wyoming.
I'm going to copy and paste that and send to every single TF member. Thanks!

Being the the "task force" has a strong representation of outfitters, ex outfitters, etc. None of that above matters and the fact that if me, or any other DIY hunter vying for license in WY doesn't apply, there's a few others that will take your place. The only difference will be the demographic of the hunters coming to WY -- More client types, less hunter types. And really, who in WY cares about that?

Can you elaborate on what happened?
Nothing happened. They are farther away from an answer today than they were yesterday. They are now looking at a simple poll on if anyone even wants to change anything in regards to DEA. Possibly adding a "do nothing" option to the public comment items from last month. Possibly putting up the Scott option for public comment. What comes from todays meeting is anyones guess. They are sheep lost in the desert.

Nothing happened. They are farther away from an answer today than they were yesterday. They are now looking at a simple poll on if anyone even wants to change anything in regards to DEA. Possibly adding a "do nothing" option to the public comment items from last month. Possibly putting up the Scott option for public comment. What comes from todays meeting is anyones guess. They are sheep lost in the desert.
The do “nothing” option combined with the previous recommendation of removing the 7250 cap and regionalized elk licenses….. wonder how that is going to turn out.

The do “nothing” option combined with the previous recommendation of removing the 7250 cap and regionalized elk licenses….. wonder how that is going to turn out.
Sy will be a happy man that's for sure.

At todays meeting some TF members wanted to take a straw poll of the various Compromise components. Sy stated that he wanted to wait since WYOGA hadn't had time to get input from people that use outfitters and that the comment so far were dominated by the DIY guys. He was largely told too bad, thats on WYOGA. Hence, he got off his butt and sent out the poll questions.
wouldn't hunt with that asshole if it was the last tag in the world

Back