Caribou Gear

Wild & Clear

Huge social media conversation can be had from this. the good the bad the ugly. I wonder if Orvis/Smith will pay the fines for the boys.

It does seem like a case of good initiative, bad judgment.

Really? It was clear from the start that they were targeting bull trout during the summer, which isn't legal in any river in Montana other than the South Fork. Based on water levels, I'm guessing they were fishing after the season ended in July. It's also clear they were targeting them in streams other than the South Fork. I can understanding someone wanting to catch one while they're in the Bob, but going after them time and time again for profit is far from "good initiative." I could care less about the filming permit.

Really? It was clear from the start that they were targeting bull trout during the summer, which isn't legal in any river in Montana other than the South Fork. Based on water levels, I'm guessing they were fishing after the season ended in July. It's also clear they were targeting them in streams other than the South Fork. I can understanding someone wanting to catch one while they're in the Bob, but going after them time and time again for profit is far from "good initiative." I could care less about the filming permit.

You are absolutely right. That was a poor choice in words on my part.

There's a bazillion libs in Missoula crying about how global warming is going to kill off the bull trout in the Blackfoot. Meanwhile, they all go up and sling streamers at them on the weekends.

I'm just glad there wasn't small video cameras and YouTube when I was in college. I'd still be in Deerlodge.

I did—seems like some folks always have an axe to grind. It made me want to go fishing.

I see it as a couple very talented guys who made a poor decision. I hope they keep it up, but do it legally in the future.

I did—seems like some folks always have an axe to grind. It made me want to go fishing.

It made me want to go fishing too, but in a manner that was legal. It was certainly a good film, too bad they didn't take the time and effort to do it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back