Wild & Clear

MontanaWild

This summer we once again planned a weeklong fishing trip in some more remote areas of Montana. We were in search of native cutthroat and bull trout in some of the most beautiful waters an angler can find.
5.jpg
tbully.jpg
This would be our second summer in this area and we got the chance to once again explore new waters with success. We had a blast and can't wait to return next summer and do it all over!

Enjoy the Video!!!

https://vimeo.com/51349566

That's funny...last time I checked Grizzly Hackle wasn't ancient aboriginal art and all Vortex Optics I've come across sure aren't naturally found

How about. " Thanks for sharing your video guys." Do you check to see if everyone who parks at Walmart has their vehicle registration up to date too?

Thanks Gerald! Simply sharing a video hoping a few guys would get some enjoyment out of it. We're just some college guys looking to inspire more people to enjoy the great outdoors.

How about. " Thanks for sharing your video guys." Do you check to see if everyone who parks at Walmart has their vehicle registration up to date too?

Are you suggesting people turn their heads and look the other way when they see something suspicious regarding fish and game laws?

Great video. I'm glad I could see some of that sweet country. If you hadn't filmed there I likely wouldn't have ever derived any enjoyment from it whatsoever. My wife loved it. She said she liked it way more "than that on your own adventure stuff." No offence Randy....
I think these Montana Wild videos appeal to a larger audience than I previously thought. You can go far. Keep making them.

Are you suggesting people turn their heads and look the other way when they see something suspicious regarding fish and game laws?

Would you care to share with me where in fish and game laws there is anything reguarding filming? Are you trying to tell me that everyone who shares a picture that is published in a hunting magazine and gets some swag in return is equal to a poacher?

Would you care to share with me where in fish and game laws there is anything reguarding filming? Are you trying to tell me that everyone who shares a picture that is published in a hunting magazine and gets some swag in return is equal to a poacher?

What do you think the reason is behind requiring a filming permit?

What do you think the reason is behind requiring a filming permit?

No idea, I wasn't there when they made the law. Besides if you'll do some checking, filming permits are handled by the various agencies that admininster public lands. Has nothing to do with fish and game laws. If you are trying to infer that filming permits were enacted to stop wildlife violations, thats a stretch.

Do you check to see if there are any retailers that tear the tags off of mattress and pillows before they sell them to the public? :)

1. A special use permit is required for all commercial filming (sec. 45.5) activities on National Forest System lands (NFS). A special use permit is not required for broadcasting breaking news (sec. 45.5).

c. Commercial Filming. Use of motion picture, videotaping, sound-recording, or any other type of moving image or audio recording equipment on National Forest System lands that involves the advertisement of a product or service, the creation of a product...

Sorry MontanaWild, I got a little off topic. Nice video, thanks for the effort. I agree with sweetnectar. You need to keep it up. My kids and I watched before I put them to bed.

Great work guys, loved the clip...just thankful there are keen outdoorsmen like you out posting stuff for others to see. Such a shame that other members simply can't just enjoy it for what it is.

If you are trying to infer that filming permits were enacted to stop wildlife violations, thats a stretch.

I wasn't trying to "infer" (i think you mean insinuate) that they are directly related to poaching.

But I believe in keeping wild places wild. Somebody else does too, because they passed laws requiring permits for commercial filming, probably to keep people from running around with cameras everywhere in the wilderness. While it is not poaching, it is a part of the entire outdoor activities regulation.

Now the guy that posted the photos tagged the thread as "Bob Marshall Wilderness" so I think there is reason to question the legality of their videos, especially since they are sponsored by quite a few companies. If they had been using a chainsaw, I'd question that too. Its just the way I am.

To answer your previous question about guys sending photos into hunting magazines, there is a difference between still photos and videos.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back