Wife's first animal

AZ402

My wife (Carol) finally drew a deer tag here in AZ with her friend Jen (her first hunt as well). Both Carol and Jen put the time in shooting and preparing for the hunt. They both wanted to hold out opening weekend for something that wasn't a spike or two point.

On Sunday morning we glassed up a nice buck and decided to make a stalk on him. We closed the distance to 200 yards and started to get set up. The buck moved himself into a nice shooting lane and Carol 12 ringed with the 300wsm.

Seeing her reaction to her first big game animal was awesome. Big congrats to my wife, she put in a ton of effort this weekend. Jen will get back after it this weekend, hopefully another first buck post will be coming.

Here are a few pics from the hunt.

Carol and Jen, all smiles opening morning in the 12 degree weather.

6-P1260413.jpg

Sunsets aren't to shabby up there.

1-P1260423.jpg

Carol's great first buck.

2-P1260426.jpg

One with me and Jen (had to put a pic of me in there so dinkshooter has something to look at).

3-P1260434.jpg

4-P1260435.jpg

1-P1260437.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great buck. Congrats to Carol, and good luck to Jen. Nice photography.

Well she has seen you kill a truck load of good critters so I'd say she is in good hands. Nicely done!

She did very well despite the handicap of her guide.

Getting artsy with the hero shots, who knew you were an artist? Look at me. Look at me…….

Very handsome deer, pretty cape and the whole 9 yards.

Congrats to Carol!! I know she was really excited for that hunt. That is a really pretty buck

Pictures are very well done. They complement a great story about a first deer hunt. Quality all around.

Nice story and a good buck...girls look happy on the hill with a dead deer at their feet..can't complain about that at all...well done.

Congrats on having a wife that will do that and to her for doing it! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back