Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Why?

Don't forget traditional archer snob.

Disclaimer: I am a traditional archer but not a snob. I am willing to associate with, and even accept a beer from those cheaters using compounds.
How bout a RUM? I'll buy. mtmuley

I don’t know what a Tenkara rod is, but the jokes I see on a fly shop’s social media makes me think it’s their 6.5 creedmore.
I have one. They can be fun, but are limiting. They're simple, and I think that's part of the draw?

At least my forester gets good MPG’s 😆 you can even ratchet strap a bull to the cross beams.
I got a picture somewhere of a 330 bull whose horns strattled my subaru roof....this was 30 years ago before trendsters/hipsters.😏
I still contend most people only fish with one rod at a time....
But what a spectacle to drive through Bozeman with..I'm not kidding...like 25 kock and balls on a small pull behind trailer. That would shame the posers.haha

Fly fisherman crack me up. And make me shake my head. mtmuley
No worse than the clowns in jacked up trucks with ten gallon exhaust pipes and rear window totally covered with Browning, Real Tree, Ducks Unlimited, Vortex, etc., etc. decals.

I suppose you won't be surprised to know I am a fly fisherman. It does require some skill level well above a spinning rod, much like bow vs rifle hunting. But I use old equipment bought off ebay and I still wear the Hurricane fly vest Santa put under the tree in 1962. When I worked in Alaska I had trophy fishing three minutes from my door and very often I was gently casting on the Brooks River at three in the morning, all alone in the shadow of the fabulous Alaska coastal range. Just me and the bears. Day after day. Still have the wrecked elbow to remind me, which eventually forced me to give up golf. Yes, there's lots of good things to be said about fly fishing ... and some have nothing to do with fishing.

No worse than the clowns in jacked up trucks with ten gallon exhaust pipes and rear window totally covered with Browning, Real Tree, Ducks Unlimited, Vortex, etc., etc. decals.

I suppose you won't be surprised to know I am a fly fisherman. It does require some skill level well above a spinning rod, much like bow vs rifle hunting. But I use old equipment bought off ebay and I still wear the Hurricane fly vest Santa put under the tree in 1962. When I worked in Alaska I had trophy fishing three minutes from my door and very often I was gently casting on the Brooks River at three in the morning, all alone in the shadow of the fabulous Alaska coastal range. Just me and the bears. Day after day. Still have the wrecked elbow to remind me, which eventually forced me to give up golf. Yes, there's lots of good things to be said about fly fishing ... and some have nothing to do with fishing.
Have fun fly fishing. mtmuley

Have fun fly fishing. mtmuley
I do when I can. We have more water than land here but it's not good fly fishing. I guess I could rig up for northerns but fly casting on my arse in a boat or float tube/pontoon just isn't the same. Kinda like road hunting from a pickup. I prefer stalking along the river in waders. Going back to Alaska next summer for sure!

I do when I can. We have more water than land here but it's not good fly fishing. I guess I could rig up for northerns but fly casting on my arse in a boat or float tube/pontoon just isn't the same. Kinda like road hunting from a pickup. I prefer stalking along the river in waders. Going back to Alaska next summer for sure!
Does Alaska fly fishing really count!? 🤔

I'd do the PVC build if my truck had a roof rack. Still pissed I broke my ultralight spinning rod.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but you can take down your rod put it in a case and leave it rigged up. They run $35-50.

I can't imagine they don't get wear on the guides or anywhere else the rod touches the tube will rattling down a washboard road. I've yet to see any sort of vehicle storage that doesn't get dust in it either.

I've only seen a few up here, but it seemed like every vehicle in SW 'Tana had one on it. Those 14" trout deserve better.

Love getting off the Yellowstone with a stringer full of big ol trout while the guides pull up with a bunch of disappointed clients. “We caught one whitefish on a copper John”. With their 500$’s worth of simms clothing and their 800$ guiding fee.
May all time favored fishing trip, was on the Missouri, we were bonking 4lb+ trout left and right, using the gunnel on an aluminum boat. The sound carried a long ways. 😄 we got a lot of mean looks, especially when yelling headache just before the bonk.

May all time favored fishing trip, was on the Missouri, we were bonking 4lb+ trout left and right, using the gunnel on an aluminum boat. The sound carried a long ways. 😄 we got a lot of mean looks, especially when yelling headache just before the bonk.
That's awesome. Wish I could do that on the Bitterroot. mtmuley

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back