Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Why?

Bigjay73

Seriously, why? Everytime I see an angler pull a rod out of one of these at the river, they still spend 30mins tying on whatever setup they're fishing with that day. What is the purpose vs a regular rod case you can just throw in the back of a truck and/or Subaru? What am I missing here other than a lot of hardware just to tell the world you're a fly fisherman?

20220930_150609.jpg

I have always assumed it was so the hardcore fly guy could keep their rods rigged overnight and fish again the next day. If you have to cut the line I'm not sure what the advantage is

Seriously, why? Everytime I see an angler pull a rod out of one of these at the river, they still spend 30mins tying on whatever setup they're fishing with that day. What is the purpose vs a regular rod case you can just throw in the back of a truck and/or Subaru? What am I missing here other than a lot of hardware just to tell the world you're a fly fisherman?

View attachment 242200
You should make a rifle version for all the hardcore hunters, I tend to agreed though it’s kind of a gimmicky product.

I've always made fun of them and definitely won't be spending $600 for one, but it was nice to pull your rod already rigged up and ready to fish when I used my friend's last week. I usually hike in to fish anyway.

I do not have one, but have been looking at DIY builds online. Most of my day trip fishing spots here are along roads and it would be convenient for moving to other holes. But not $600 convenient. For most of the year all I need is purple chubby and pats rubber legs dropper, no reason to tie on anything else (but I still do). But if I drive my CRV instead of Tundra I can fit the rigged up rod inside without breaking it down and save a few bucks on gas.

Depends a lot on the type of fishing you’re doing. I’ve used the rod mounts that go on the hood/roof for many years while fishing steelhead rivers where your driving from spot to spot. It makes it so much easier than breaking a 12’-15’ rod down between each run. Same can be said if your trout fishing in that manner as well.

Nothing beats a big night crawler and split shot baby!
I tore a ligament in my thumb a few weeks ago, casting and retrieving was painful, resorted to worms and bobbers in a beautiful wilderness lake. It actually felt like I was breaking the law lol. Any moral issue I had with my actions disappeared after landing a few nice brookies

I guess people that have rods that dont break down into 2 or 4 pieces it makes sense. Or just having it rigged and ready to go its handy. I personally havent felt the need for anything like that. My good buddy whom has lived here his whole life. Was a fishing guide, and is a very skilled fly fishermen thinks they are worthless and said he would slap the sh%# out of me if I bought one for any kind of vehicle :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 242200

Does it come in optifade?

I have always assumed it was so the hardcore fly guy could keep their rods rigged overnight and fish again the next day. If you have to cut the line I'm not sure what the advantage is

This was the original intent, but now it's just to show how 'core you are...Also helps to identify where the anglers are headed on a given day based on how many rod tubes go by on the highway.

Buying the tactical fly fishing gear is a substitute dopamine generator for these folks who can't actually catch the fish, lol

#troutbumsuperiority

I tore a ligament in my thumb a few weeks ago, casting and retrieving was painful, resorted to worms and bobbers in a beautiful wilderness lake. It actually felt like I was breaking the law lol. Any moral issue I had with my actions disappeared after landing a few nice brookies
Love getting off the Yellowstone with a stringer full of big ol trout while the guides pull up with a bunch of disappointed clients. “We caught one whitefish on a copper John”. With their 500$’s worth of simms clothing and their 800$ guiding fee.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back